“It's not always a great atmosphere it's awesome service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keg Steakhouse and Bar - CLOSED

Keg Steakhouse and Bar
742 Thurlow Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1V8, Canada (Downtown)
(604)685-4388
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Robson
Transit: If you are traveling by skytrain, our Keg is about 5 minute walk from the Burrard station.
Description: The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.
Antimony, Utah
“It's not always a great atmosphere it's awesome service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We rolled into Vancouver for the weekend, visiting from Seattle for a little R&R. I am a little behind in sharing my review of The Keg but based on our excellent service alone we will certainly return.

We drove from Seattle to Vancouver and arrived early on a Friday afternoon. It was a cool, rainy fall day and we decided to vist The Keg...our vacation started off perfectly as a result. We dodged into the warm lobby where we were greeted with a kind smile and seated promptly.

The Keg itself is really warm and modern...dark woods and great lighting, I love the look and feel. We were seated in a comfortable booth and then arrives Michael. :)

Let me tell you...there are servers and there's Michael. He was so incredibly kind and welcoming...hell, we left feeling as though we had just met a new friend...seriously, want to hang out? He helped answer all questions we had and offered a handful of recommendations, sharing a couple of drink specials and beer on tap for me. Our drinks arrived quickly and we really felt as though we were his only guests. My burger was cooked perfectly and my partners salad fresh and filling.

All in all just a great afternoon in a great spot for lunch. I do want to share that if I ever had an opportunity to recruit employee's, watch out Keg...I will be recruiting Michael, you are lucky to have an employee like him.

Please visit, take some time to relax and visit. This is a great spot for that.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Moss Beach, California
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This restaurant was introduced to me by a local who is very familiar
with the best restaurants in Vancouver. So when he suggested
The keg I did not hesitate in going there for a memorable
filet mignon and Caesar salad. Everything was prepared as
I requested and the Manager Jason came by to make sure
we were satisfied and we assured him that we were.I told him
"This is as good as it gets"
On my next visit to Vancouver this place will be at the top of my
list for another wonderful experience in dining.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I were visiting and staying at a hotel near by.

Checked a competition web based rating company. After looking at the menus of near by restaurants , prices, reviews this was a no brainer.

Both of our meals where excellent the service was top notch. By the end of the night the bill was higher than I would have thought.

But very worth it! Would recommend to anyone who wants a nice meal, good service, and clean night place to eat.

Quesnel
“Dine out Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Good selection & value on Dine Out menu - 3 courses $38. Steak was very good as was the shrimp appetizer. Very accommodating on a short-notice reservation. Service was good and food was prepared as requested & arrived quickly. Overall excellent value.

Visited January 2014
BC
“Excellent Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

After previous visits to other Keg's this one brought the chain back into favor for me. Our waiter was relatively efficient and served us well, the food though was pretty close to perfect. The last number of trips to keg restaurants tasted like the same old, same old, this one was just a little better. Each of my courses was very good and was cooked perfectly, from the peppercorn sauced new york to the garlic prawns, it was all great! Each of the guys I was dining with also completely enjoyed their meals.

Like most Kegs these days it was relatively loud, although not quite as bad as some others I've been in. I like that they also have available a selection of micro brewery beer available, this time i tried two that I had not tried before.

• Visited January 2014