“Nothing special, especially for kids” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paul's Place Omelettery Restaurant

Paul's Place Omelettery Restaurant
2211 Granville St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H3G1, Canada (Fairview)
+1 604-737-2857
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #398 of 2,763 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fairview
Victoria, Canada
“Nothing special, especially for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've been here a few times now because friends love to meet us here for brunch, but it's not really anything special. The service is always good and fast, but apart from that ....

This time my daughter ordered a scrambled egg which looked very much like an omelette to me. She took 1 bite and no more. I tasted it and I'm not surprised, it was overcooked and rubbery. For a breakfast specialty place, it's pretty mediocre. Also, apart from a few old books there isn't anything to keep kids entertained - no crayons at the table or anything like that. And there were lots of kids there.

I ordered a pancake and my husband ordered a veggie hash which was nothing special. The sad thing is that my husband & I could cook something better at home. When we eat out we want to have something that we couldn't normally have or at least is better than our own cooking.

Next time our friends our suggest meeting here for brunch we'll suggest somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Cheese on the Bennie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The traditional Bennie came with a cheese sauce that tasted a like cheese whiz

Egg shell bits in the eggs

Service prompt but unable to get a water refill

Probably not go back, underwhelmed

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dino A, Owner at Paul's Place Omelettery Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hi, I'm sorry about the shells, that's not like our guys in the kitchen, and I'm not sure what went wrong with the cheese sauce, it's a reason people come for the benny. Anyway thank you for giving us a try, and once again I apologize for the sub par breakfast,

Dino
Tampa, Florida
“delicious breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting from out of town and stumbled across this place. Our server was really nice. He gave us money to put in the parking meter. The hostess, not so much. We didn't realize that you have to put your name on a list when you arrive. We kind of figured that part out. Breakfast came out fast. Good coffee too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Good breakfast, good coffee great price. You will wait in line on the weekend but it's worth it. Service is outstanding.

Visited March 2013
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for the raving review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Thanks again and hope to see you soon,
Dino
Courtenay, Canada
“a great breakfast find in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Locals in Vancouver know what I just discovered - one of the best breaky places I've enjoyed in this city. I had a Florentine omelet with mushrooms, spinach and feta and it was ooooh sooo yummy. . Everything coming out of that kitchen looked so appealing and made from scratch.. Service seemed flawless, efficient, and transparent. Good value for the money. We had to wait to get in, but the sun outside felt so good - just wish they could have seating benches outside!

• Visited April 2013