“Perfect location, very trendy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1128 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Enjoy our Romance Package
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect location, very trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Vancouver, perfect location and very new. The breakfast is very nice and service was perfect. Stayed with two small kids. Spa was out of this world as stated with my wife.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Azfar N,
Thank you for your comments. It is so nice to hear that you consider us one of the best hotels in Vancouver and that you enjoyed our restaurant and Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Spent one night here during a trip to Vancouver in February. Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was overwhelmed by its oriental beauty and grandeur. Many of the staff members can speak Chinese and was very friendly and helpful. It really felt like home! I had a corner room and was able to see the city center and caught a glimpse of the harbor! The rooms are splendid and the decor has a unique oriental charm to it. In addition, they are spacious, stylish, and nicely appointed - the toiletries are provided by l'Occitane and there are so many other things that I simply cannot list (including a Lost Horizon book by James Hilton!). I received a plate of welcoming fruit from the management and it was delicious! This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at in all of North America, not just because of its luxury but also my stay was wonderful cultural experience.

Room Tip: There are no Vancouver Harbor view rooms... best room you can get is a city view room with a balcony...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear fcwa1964,
Thank you for your feedback. We are very grateful that you find our hotel very grand and our staff members very helpful. Considering is as one of the best hotel in North America is very kind. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Vancouver.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The corner room we had was beautiful, quiet, and luxurious and we really appreciated the courtesy of the hotel staff.
At reception Sheri greeted us upon arrival and escorted us to our room and explained the hotel facilities to us. She made us feel very welcomed. The wonderful cake brought up to our room for our anniversary was both beautiful and delicious and a complete surprise. Thank you for that.
My wife really enjoyed her massage at the Chi spa. The breakfast each morning was very complete and the service was excellent. The bar at night was intimate and relaxing.
The concierge staff especially Benjamin did a great job on the reservations at the restaurants and we really appreciated their advice on what to see in the city.

Breakfast at the Market was delicious and we also enjoyed having a nightcap at the bar in the evening.

Room Tip: ask for an executive king corner room with a view of the harbor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JackAguero,
Thank you for taking time in writing this review. I am very delighted to learn that you enjoyed your corner room and you appreciated the courtesy of our staff. I will pass on your kind words about Sherry and Benjamin, I am sure that they will be very humbled by your words. We do hope to see you again at the hotel, specially at CHI, The Spa and at MARKET by Jean-Georges.
SUNSHINE COAST,BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here and went to a concert and then watched some of the Pride parade the next morning. Fantastic location to GM Place ,Robson Street and Georgia Street for shopping, and a lot of fun little restaurants around. The lobby staff were friendly and helpful. I would come again for the fireworks or a hockey game.

Room Tip: always the higher the floor the better the view... did not hear street noise , just the occasional s...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BEACHCOMBER,
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us during the Pride Parade. We are indeed very near the GM Place and Robson Street for shopping. We look forward welcoming you back at the Shangri-La Hotel on your next Hockey Game!
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm on the tail end of a business trip to Vancouver and thought I'd write a review of my stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver. This is my first stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver (but not my first Shangri-La) and I'm very impressed. I'm a big fan of the Asian-themed decor.

Here's my experience:

Positives:
+ Very Serene - As soon as I walked into the lower lobby, a sense of calmness came over me. Maybe it was the relaxing music, the Asian-themed decor, or the lightly fragranced air but I suddenly got acquainted with my inner zen.
+ Nice Staff - I took a morning flight to Vancouver and arrived at the hotel before the stated check-in time but the front desk lady was very accomodating. She called to see if my room had been cleaned yet. It hadn't but they cleaned it within half and hour and soon after, I was in my room.
+ Abundant Amenities - I must say that the rooms and the hotel are nicely appointed. I appreciated everything from the L'Occitane toiletries to the nicely equipped gym to the beautiful pool and hot tub.

Negative:
- There's wasn't really anything I was unhappy with although I did find the hallways a tad narrow (may be my bulky size though).

Overall, I was pleased with my stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver and I would stay here again.

AHK403YYC

Room Tip: A room in the northwest part of hotel will give you a nice view of Stanley Park and Coal Harbour.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear AHK403,

Thank you for your feedback and for giving us a chance to show our Shangri-La way of serving guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our serene ambience and that our staff had provided good service to you. We hope to see you again at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed four nights at the Shangri-La Hotel recently with my wife, and unfortunately, I had expected a much better experience. We booked this hotel based on its '5 Diamond' rating. In my opinion it did not deliver this level of service.

On the plus side, most of the staff members went out of their way to help us, and were very friendly. We only had one bad experience with one of the bartenders at the Xi Shi restaurant. The location was also good, and provided us with a central / downtown starting point for sightseeing.

Some of the disappointing aspects of our stay included a worn mattress that caused us to constantly end up in the middle of the king size bed. Carpets that needed a vacuum cleaner run over them. Also, I can appreciate 'minimalist' furnishings, but our room just seemed to be basic. Finally, the fitness center was decently equipped, however, the pool area was very small (more of a splash pool instead of a real pool), and seating around the pool was also very limited. The pool photographs on the hotel website would tend to make you think this facility is much more spacious, and luxurious, than it really is.

Would we go back? I'm not sure given the other high-end options in Vancouver ...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jet Junkie,

Thank you for taking time in writing this review. I apologize if we fell short on your expectations during your recent stay with us. I am glad that in a way, our staff were friendly and had went out of their way to assist you. I sincerely hope that you would still consider staying with us in the future. Please do contact me directly so ensure that you have a more favourable experience.
Maine, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently and was extremely disatisfied with the level of professionalism presented by staff members. I was having some difficulty with my room key and was about to go downstairs to ask the front desk for help. As I was entering the elevator to go down, a short blonde haired girl in an all black uniform hurried out and even bumped into my husband. She had the audacity to keep her head down and failed to even acknowledge us. I was then surprised to see her wearing her shangri-la name tag. I had assumed it was another resident because of her hasty attitude but it was in fact a staff member of the shangri-la! I wanted to to ask her for help to save me the trouble from going down the elevator but since she acted so rudely, we were afraid to approach her. To make matters worse, I was appaled by the disorganization that was seen at the front desk. The staff were unable to answer simple questions about amenities and services offered by the hotel. We have stayed at similar five diamond hotels in the past and recognize that it is the little details that truly defines a five diamond hotel. Though these may have seen like minor details, however, I was still surprised to see this occur at a property that boasted about its five diamond rating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear kdsmithers72,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your experiences, as we pride ourselves on our professionalism and courtesy to our guests. Knowing our colleague had accidentally bumped into your husband, and Front Desk being unable to answer some of your questions, are disconcerting to us. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the relevant department heads and followed up thoroughly. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us your constructive feedback, as our company moves forward by listening to our clients and guests. We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Been to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver? Share your experiences!