“Stay here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1128 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A8, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Stay here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver many times and I absolutely love it. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are warm and inviting, and the staff is truly incredible. Everyone is friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are both comfortable and lovely. The bathrooms have marble floors and a lot of space. I wish there were more equipment and free weights in the fitness center and a lap pool, but in general, I can get a good workout in, which is very important when I travel. Also, the Xishi bar leaves something to be desired.

Overall, this is an exquisite hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear WillCab,

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad to know that you always stay and enjoy our warm hospitality at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver! We look forward welcoming you back on your next trip to Vancouver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love love love this hotel!! Easy to reach, perfect location, gorgeous property, impeccable service, anything that I can think of they pretty much thought of that already!
So from the airport you can take the train to the city center and once you get out the station just turn left and walk about 3 blocks and the hotel will be on your left hand side. It is the tallest building in downtown Vancouver, all window glasses, there is a Burberry store on the corner and in front of the door they have two big (I think) lion statues. So the hotel located between Thurlow and West Georgia St.
The lobby is modern, clean and you can tell it is well maintained. The concierge will greet you right away..and by the way Steven Mouttet is very nice and he can give you a very good restaurant recommendations! Very friendly and very professional. The reception/front desk is actually on the lower level so you will need to take an elevator down to LL and turn right and right again and you will see the front desk. The check in process was fast and great. They are very friendly, well informed and willing to assist above and beyond.

The room we had was a deluxe king- so it is pretty large in size, we had a sofa, a coffee table and a working desk. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom is also large. We had a tub and separate rain shower. The mirror by the sink has a built in small TV on it so you can watch the news while brushing your teeth or soaking in the tub. awesome feature!

The mini bar was fully stocked. And we had a Nespresso coffee machine in the room as well. and of course a safe deposit box with an electricity outlet on the inside so you can charge your gadget while keeping it safe. =)

We had breakfast at The Market by Jean Georges. I have to say it is pretty good. Except for the Chinese porridge. It's just not what I am used to. but otherwise the pancakes with blueberry compote was good, the yogurt was good, the pastry was good.

Location is just a block away from Robson street where you can shop the day away, a lot of good restaurants around. Stanley park is just about 20 minutes walking distance.

I will definitely come back to Shangri-La Vancouver soon! Outstanding service, world class hotel! Definitely a 5 stars top to bottom!

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear pinkfransis,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review. I am very delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience with us during your recent stay. I will pass on your kind words to Stephane as I am sure that he will be very humbled by your words. We certainly look forward welcoming you back at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

From the moment I walked into the Shangri-La Vancouver, I knew I was somewhere special.

I've stayed at other hotels in Vancouver, Fairmont, Marriott, Westin, Hyatt, etc, but this one went above and beyond.

Service was excellent. Extremely friendly and accommodating staff.

Room was decent size and bathroom was more than expected. Amenities in the room included Nespresso machine, slippers, L'occitaine products, tv in bathroom. Nice welcome note with mandarins upon arrival along with a jelly treat next to the bed.

This hotel is now at the top of my list in Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Speedy688,

Thank you for taking time in writing this review. It is so nice to hear that your stay with us was very special and memorable. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you excellent and friendly service. We definitely look forward welcoming you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've stayed at most of the large chain hotels. This was my 1st time here. It was great from the beginning. I asked if they had any upgrades available at check in. They bumped me up to a great 1 bdrm. It was wonderful. Reminds me of the great hotels in Europe only with a lot of space, very modern.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Doug W,

Thank you for your comments. We are very glad that you enjoyed your first stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver. Hopefully you will have more stays with you visit Vancouver as we look forward welcoming you back.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

If you are arriving from the Vancouver Airport and want an easy way to get downtown Vancouver, hop onto the Vancouver Sky Train (Canada Line) to Vancouver City Centre Station (Granville St. & West Georgia St.) and walk a few (3) blocks to the Shangri-La hotel.

Hotel is a few steps away from Urban Fare with groceries, a hot & cold deli/eatery and a Starbucks all located inside the store. Also on Robson St. & Alberni St. there are lots of restaurants to select from and shopping.

Gym was very clean with very helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction side, much more quiet and with a better view (City street...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear BbiTRAVELS,

Thank you for taking time in writing your thoughts. It is so nice to hear that you loved the location of the hotel. We hope to see you again in your next visit to Vancouver.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Was in Vancouver for conference at this hotel. Impeccable service. Friendly staff. Incredibly clean. Luxury. Super comfy beds. The bathroom was decadent. Highly recommend corner room on 12th floor. Great location close to Robson St. Had a dinner and breakfast at Marketplace. Food was exceptional. If you are looking for a spluge in vancouver, I'd do it here :)

Room Tip: Corner room was bright and open feel. 12th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sharon P,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very glad that you have chosen our hotel for your conference. We look forward seeing you again either for another conference or if you just wanted to relax.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Due to using too long hours in computer works, My right arm and shoulder got a very serious acute pain and frozen shoulder. It was so painful and my arm could not even move one inch from my body. My right side movement is totally limited that I even can not move 5 inches from my body. Since I am a Golden Circle member, So I decided to try this CHI SPA. This Shangri-La Chi Spa has a very nice quiet and spacious (I guess is about 400 square feet) treatment room with private shower/steam room and bathroom, so clean and so comfortable. You just feel totally relax when you are there. The best is I met two great experienced and kind massage therapists, Christie and Ayeshe. They are the best you can find. After three intensive treatments in one week, my shoulder and arm condition had already recovered back to normal movement that I can dress myself. This is magic to me. I gave them two thumbs up. Now I still come back to massage my back and shoulder to release the work stress. Sunny S.-Vancouver, BC

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear sunny S,

It is so nice to hear that Christie and Ayeshe was able to help you feel better. I will pass on your comments to them and I am sure that they will be very humbled by your words. Thank you for taking time in writing this review and we look forward seeing you again at Chi, The Spa.

Been to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver? Share your experiences!