“Great Hotel, but where do you park?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver

You added Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1128 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Enjoy our Romance Package
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Great Hotel, but where do you park?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just had a great stay at the Shangri-La, using up points from traveling in Asia. Service was awesome, for a free stay they even brought up my Golden Circle "amenities" which was unexpected. Only complaint was trying to figure out how to park, they should add some info on their website.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vito R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are currently updating our website with information to help guests find out entrance and parking facilities. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel definitely meets every expectation! We stayed in the hotel for New Years 2013 we got a lovely fruit bowl and a delicious assortment of chocolates upon check in. Market restaurant is a must while visiting the property it is amazing!!! The hotel is situated in the perfect location for shopping and exploring Vancouver's beautiful downtown!!

Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to splurge on a night at the Shangri-La in downtown Vancouver for New Year’s Eve this year. Our package included valet parking and breakfast the next morning at Market, which was very good. Our check-in was smooth; the staff were very friendly. Our room, which was upgraded to a deluxe king, was spotless and beautiful. The location of the hotel was prime – it’s walking distance to everything downtown has to offer – great shopping, restaurants, liquor store, etc.

On our way back up to our hotel room before checking out the next morning, we met one of the managers, Jeffrey, who I just wanted to make special mention of as he was very friendly and was one of those types you could just tell excels at his job. He not only asked us how our stay was and made note of the in-room check out feature to us (which we used to check out and avoided the line of people all trying to check out at the same time!) but as we were waiting for the elevator together, a man with his dog walked passed and Jeffrey said good morning to them and even remembered the dog’s name! It was just something, to me, that puts the service of the Shangri-La above what you would normally expect. Overall, the Shangri-La exceeded our expectations in the comfort and style of the hotel (automatic blinds, beautiful décor, large bathroom, supreme location, etc.) as well as the service. It was a great start to the new year!

Redmond, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the Shangri-La Vancouver for New Year's 2013 and I was thoroughly impressed with the service from the start, we were greeted my one of the manager's - Jeffrey with a warm and friendly smile, we arrived before check-in time and Jeffrey upgraded us to a suite that was across from our friends' room. The room was incredibly nice will all of the comforts of home and we had a hand written note from Jeffrey along with a bowl of fruit. My husband surprised me by taking me to Cirque de Soleil AmaLuna, instead of taking a taxi, the hotel offers a car service at no additional charge, so our driver took us in style in an E Class Mercedes-Benz and picked us up from the venue as well. The breakfast and lunch was delicious and on the evening of New Year's they brought chocolates and champagne to our room. We made plans to come back for our anniversary. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed for only one night while visiting Vancouver. I've stayed at Shangri-La before and during my first visit I was much more impressed. For example, Shangri-La used to offer in room check in, now they only check you in at a desk at valet parking. It's more than sufficient, but before it was one of the little things that set Shangri-la apart.

I also emailed the hotel prior to arrival with a request and to this day still haven't received a response. That really annoys me.

That said, the hotel is still awesome. The rooms are great, although the beds are very very soft, the staff is excellent and you can get a good deal if you look for it. The pool is heated year round and the jacuzzi is great. L'Occitaine bath products smell and feel amazing. The location is dead centre in downtown, ideal for anywhere you want to go.

Compared to European hotels, Shangri-La is a slice of heaven, but with the Fairmont Pacific Rim and Hotel Georgia down the street, I'd be tempted to try something else next time, if only for a more comfortable bed, and the hope that they would respond to my emails.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vito R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We do our best to provide in room check to our guests whenever possible; sometimes we are unfortunately not able to do this for all guests. I am sorry we could not extend this courtesy to you for this visit.

I sincerely apologize that your email request was not responded to. I assure you that this is not common practise at our hotel. I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly so I may collect some additional information and investigate what happened. Please feel free to email me at SLV@Shangri-La.com

I am sorry to hear that our beds were too soft for your liking. I would also be more than happy to note your preference for a firmer bed on your profile so that you may have a more comfortable sleep the next time we have the pleasure of having you as our guest.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed at the both the Fairmont and Four Seasons in Vancouver and they do not hold a candle to the lavishness, sparkle, beauty, comfort, and service you receive at the Shangri La. From the second you walk in and smell the amazing scent of white tea to the opulence that is a guestroom at the hotel you are reciving 5 star service all the way! Not to mention a great breakfast at Market, great drinks and tea service in the lobby and the kindest concierge in town. If you are in Vancouver this is the only place to stay!

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade and see if you can't get either a larger room or one with an even bett...