“Good overall experience” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added VI at Rosedale on Robson to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
VI at Rosedale on Robson
3.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   838a Hamilton St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B6A2, Canada (Formerly Aviawest at Rosedale)   |
Alberta
“Good overall experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bdrm apartment. Very clean, comfortable and well maintained. I would definately recommend this to anyone looking for a nice place to stay - at a decent price.

PROS - Locale is unbeatable. Right on the edge of Yaletown, so within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, art museum, theatre, waterfront - lively places. Quiet, upper class part of downtown. Plently of towels, well stocked kitchen (toaster, coffee maker, stove, fridge and all the dishes and pans required). Hotel staff were fantastic! We had complimentary umbrellas, directions and assistance booking tickets or finding uniquie nightlife spots.

CONS - heating/cooling unit was noisy at night - so one of us sleeping on the pull out had a noisy night as the unit kicked in and out every 1/2 hour. No daily maid service (new towels on request). Parking was a bit pricey - but good, clean and well lit. Internet SUCKED. We got a "24 hour, single use" code for $5 + tax - so we could only use wifi on one computer in the room and had to go get a new code every 24 hours and pay again (very inconvenient).

The "cons" for us were quite liveable. I would definately stay there again. Compared with other hotels I've stayed in Downtown Vanouver - this one is certainly good value and a good overall experience.

Room Tip: The higher up you get - the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Penticton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I really would not stay here again because of the Internet service which I have to pay extra for is a pain to get on. It is not worth the trouble. I will stay at the Georgian Court from now on. The room was very clean and updated...staff very friendly. They sent somebody up to get me on the Internet and he had trouble....when it went off line again I had to come down to the lobby....two different numbers were used and still could not get on. I was going to be here for 3 days... May try to go somewhere else

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bernalillo, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a one bedroom unit a couple of floors down from the top of the high rise. The views were great. The room must have been recently updated. It was very clean, comfortable and although very compact the kitchen was very complete. Great flat screen TV and well stocked bathroom with all soaps and shampoo etc. that you would need. You have several options for food. The restaurant in the lobby provides room service, or take out or you can eat down there. The food was quite good. I would have rated it higher except for the parking issue. I was told parking was $15.00 per day. However it was $16.00 per day plus $5.68 in tax for a horrendous total of $21.68 per day. Also, the garage was awful. It was dirty; my shoes stuck to the floor, no security and not really well lit.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We did not fully realize ahead of time that our timeshare would actually be a suite in a hotel in downtown Vancouver. We received an email in advance telling us to check in at an office a few doors away. Our suite included our bedroom connected by a small hallway to the bathroom, livingroom, and kitchen. (Our 11-year-old grandson, who accompanied us, slept on the pullout sofa in the livingroom.) The kitchen was well equipped, and the bathroom contained plenty of towels which we were able to replenish. The highlight of the hotel for our grandson was the small fitness center, pool, hot tub, steam room, and sauna.

We appreciated the location of the hotel since it was in the main downtown shopping district. It was so centrally located that we were able to walk to many places such as Chinatown and the Science Center. Even though it was very centrally located, our hotel room was quiet at night.

The timeshare staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The office was open from 8 AM to 10 PM. A computer with Internet was available for use. (The hotel also offered in-room Internet access for $5 per day.) We could also check out free DVDs from the timeshare office to watch in the room. Many sightseeing brochures were also available.

The Rosedale Hotel staff was also friendly and helpful. They offered a safe in the main office of the hotel to store our passports. We would love to return to Vancouver and stay again at the Rosedale Hotel using our timeshare points through Aviawest!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor that had a ground-level view of a lovely garden amid the high-rise buil...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband I stayed there for 1 night on the way to Alaska. The main hotel lobby was nice,but we had to check in next door. That lobby is horrible and looks dirty. The room was old looking with a old TV in the bedroom,the king size bed was very comfortable but low to the ground. The apt/condo was nice for the night. The resturant down stairs, was very good but a little slow with service....I dont think I would stay there again. The location had it all,but not a 3 or 4 star.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This older apartment hotel is somewhat expensive, but worth it if you are looking for a central location. Only a couple blocks from the Pacific Coliseum and walking distance to the great shopping in Grandville Island, Yaletown and Robson Street, it is worth the price.

Our room had an extremely comfortable king size bed and quality linens, although it was a low platform bed and I had trouble getting out of it, because of arthritis. The room had a separate living room and kitchen. This is an old hotel, but it was comfortable and extremely clean. Appliances include a blowdryer, iron and ironing board, microwave and best of all, a full size coffee maker with one coffee filter/coffee included, so if you are coming here, you might want to bring your own coffee (lots of extra filters included)

The TV was a new flatscreen, and they do offer a gym and pool, but we didn't have time to check out any of that. Parking is reasonable at $16/day, somewhat less than the going rate in downtown Vancouver, but we just parked our vehicle and either walked or took cabs around town Several excellent restaurants surrounding this area, make it worth checking out.

Be aware there is no daily maid service, as it is an apartment hotel, but if you don't mind making your own bed, this is a great spot.

Room Tip: If your room overlooks the main street, be prepared for a lot of noise on the weekends. Lots of bar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here on a timeshare exchange basis. I agree with other reviewers that the decor in the communal areas was a bit dated which made me wonder what the apartment would look like.

I was pleasantly surprised, the decor was great, colour scheme relaxing and good quality furnishings. The televisions were disappointingly old and not really good quality. My shower didn't work properly, which was annoying, after an very long non-stop journey from London and the air-con/heating unit was unacceptably loud. Once the shower problem was resolved, things were much better.

The apartment had a mini-kitchen, complete with coffee maker, large fridge and cooker. More than enough to self-cater.

The bar/restaurant attached to the hotel was over-priced but the service staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

I'd stay here again, it was an excellent base on a relatively quiet street in the heart of downtown. The location was simply perfect.

Room Tip: I had an amazingly huge balcony which I didn't use, due to the time of year I travelled. Ask for...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to VI at Rosedale on Robson? Share your experiences!