“MMMMMMEATBALLS” 5 of 5 stars

1850 4th Avenue West, Vancouver, British Columbia V6J1M3, Canada
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #617 of 2,846 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Burrard
Transit: Public Transit is available less than half a block from our front door. The 4 or 7 busses have a stop right at Burrard and 4th.
Description: Trattoria Italian Kitchen is a vibrant, restaurant, where contemporary design unites with casual Italian dining and a focus on sharing. Service is relaxed, knowledgeable and welcoming. The menu consists of traditional trattoria style cuisine - hand made pizzas, bruschetta, antipasto, pasta and meat platters, fresh fish and familiar Italian staple items like Forno Roasted Chicken and Veal Scaloppini with an aim to keep our menu items at $20 or less. A carefully chosen selection of 50 wines make up a list representing the major regions in Italy including Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto and Sicily. Add in a few boutique California, and British Columbia wineries and you have the perfect combination of a simple, yet comprehensive wine selection.
Vancouver, Canada
“MMMMMMEATBALLS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have tried a number of this Italian Kitchen cousin's menu items and I haven't been disappointed once. The venue isn't a quiet one so if you're looking for a sweet, intimate place to eat where you can whisper sweet nothings into your companion's ear, go somewhere else. If you are looking for a vibrant, energetic place to eat amazing food while enjoying fantastic service then this is for you.
I can't recommend the bruchetta sampler and the spaghetti with Kobe meat balls enough and the lemon martini is heavenly.

Visited May 2012
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Spaghetti & Meatballs with a Lemon Martini sounds like the perfect meal! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Best birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Today I went to Trattoria with my family for my birthday. I would have to say it was the best birthday dinner I have had. The food was sooooo good. We ordered the pasta platter and we enjoyed it all. It was enough food for three people. Zoe our waitress was so caring and went out of her way to make sure we had a good time. She even surprised me with my favorite dessert with a candle in it. She truly is ann asset to the Glowbal Group. The service by all staff was really good. I even had one of the other servers wish me happy birthday also. Exceptional food and service makes this a hot spot for us to come back to.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Happy belated birthday! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your evening! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we will see you again soon:)
Seattle, WA
“Solid Italian spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went to this place on a brief visit to Vancouver this weekend based on a Zagat rating. I wouldn't necessarily have chosen Italian in Vancouver, city of loads o' Asian food choices, but my dad is a big pasta guy and so Italian it was. And it was good! The caesar was VERY tasty. The dressing was nice and garlic-y with none of the sweetness you sometimes get which I can't STAND. I had truffled spaghetti with spicy meatballs and dad had carbonara. Food was really good, quite rich and very tasty. 'Course I think you could truffle oil on a Twinkie and it would be tasty. Service was great, wine was nice. My biggest gripe would be that it was LOUD. But that's just par for the course these days, sadly. All in all, a nice spot.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I must try truffle oil on a twinkie one day:) Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear you and your dad enjoyed your time wish us. We would love to see you again next time you are in Vancouver.
“Appears better than the actual delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I'll start by saying that generally I enjoy Glowbal group offerings. Nothing special , but nothing bad.
My wife and I were greeted by a nice hostess who directed us to sit in the lounge area as it was 7:30pm and they were busy. We sat at the end next to the bar. After waiting 10 minutes for a server to come by and take an order so that we could enjoy a cocktail, I went to the hostess and asked what the protocol was. She told me a server would come by shortly. After another 10/15 minutes I approached the hostess station again and was greeted by a very nice manager who apologized and took our order immediately.
As we were excitedly waiting for our cocktail in the lounge area, next to the bar, we watched a server break 2 flutes directly above a garnish tray and the bartenders' ice well. The server wiped the area down and threw the broken flutes in the garbage. When the bartender came over, he looked a bit annoyed and tossed out the fruit in the garnish tray, refilled it, and proceeded to use the ice well that broken glass easily could have fallen into. ***take note-the garnish tray was emptied but never rinsed to ensure there was no broken glass in it and the ice well was never emptied despite a flute being broken directly beside it-
We left our cocktails and decided to order wine...
When our friends arrived we were guided to a nice table on the patio. The server was very nice. Enjoying a patio in the summer is always great, however the table had a serious wobble and we asked the server when she returned if she could drop off some coasters so that we could deal with the wobble. I'll get back to this later... We ordered our food and were looking forward to a nice meal.
A food runner arrived with our appetizers, myself having ordered burrata with melon and a friend ordering the burrata with prosciutto, and announced that he had brought the burrata with prosciutto (on a single wooden plate) and put it in front my friend who had ordered it. My wife and our friends all received their appetizers and I anxiously awaited mine... After 10/15 minutes we realized mine was not coming (of course, right) and my friend who had also ordered burrata offered me some of hers. I realized it was the burrata with melon! Connecting the dots, both burrata orders had been placed on the same wooden plate, placed in front of my friend AFTER having been said it was burrata with prosciutto, of course she didn't realize it at the time paying more attention to our gathering of friends then what had been placed in front her. I informed the server. She asked who the food runner was, but never offered to replace the burrata that I did not actually receive...
Dinner came and I was, at this point, famished and looking forward to finally eating and enjoying my fish. Thinking I was just hungry and basically gorging on the fish, I thought to myself, not the largest piece of fish, but at least it tasted ok (it was slightly overcooked but...).
My wife having had her appetizer and a few glasses of wine passed her half eaten fish (we ordered the same dish) my way as she was done with eating. I looked and realized her leftover portion was at least 1/3 greater in size than the piece I had.
Telling the story about the tippy table and how we had asked the server and a person who had filled up our water to "fix" our tippy table, one of our friends piped up when the server came to offer us desert and asked about the coasters to level the table. It finally got done, 5 minutes before we received the bill.
Our bill was for the full amount after myself having never actually received my appetizer and our table being wobbly most of the evening.
I could have complained bitterly to our server, or a manager, but as we had to rush to a show and I just wanted to see how an "upscale" restaurant handles itself.
This may have been a very tragic comedy of errors, but I actually believe it all just comes from poor training of staff more concerned with making dollars.

Oh and the quality of the food?
Average, certainly not bad, but nothing special.

There are many great Italian type restaurants in our city and I will simply choose to go elsewhere moving forward.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience at Trattoria. We are committed to providing the highest level of food and service in all Glowbal Group restaurants and I am sorry we did not meet this standard on your most recent visit.

I have forwarded your review on to the management team at Trattoria and they would like to follow up with you directly - if you would please email your contact details to marketing@glowbalgroup.com.

Thank you.

Tara Armstrong
Vancouver, Canada
“Love the pasta !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We love going to Trattoria and especially on Pasta Tuesday when you get your fav dishes for $11. I've always had good service and great food there!

Visited July 2012
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We agree - Tuesday's are a great day to go for pasta! See you again soon!