“Knocked our socks off!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

Save Saved
You added L'Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
L'Hermitage Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   788 Richards Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 3A4, Canada   |
Special Offer
Travellers Choice Package
Ranked #1 of 96 hotels in Vancouver
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Knocked our socks off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had read reviews about the helpful and friendly staff but experiencing it was amazing. They just did everything possible to make us feel happy to be there. They had my son's suit dry cleaned and put back in his room having very little notice of the need. The concierge "Raymond" is one we will always remember for his efforts to find out our interests and tastes and recommend something appropriate. The pool and hot tub on 5th floor was a dream. Even in cooler weather it was so relaxing to be up there looking at the stars. Truly a stay that won't be forgotten.

Room Tip: We had the corner of the 5th floor. Liked the view and the sun. The construction across the street...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1,846 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I agree with the other reviews that the service at this hotel can not be surpassed. The rooms were lovely, as well, and the location - right in the heart of Vancouver within walking distance to many attractions cannot be beat. I got in very late and was exhausted. There was construction across the street and they began early in the am, waking me up. I asked for my room to be moved to the other side of the hotel, and immediately they not only moved me, they moved me to a one bedroom suite with kitchen and living room, AND paid for breakfast for two mornings...compensation way above what I expected, but very much appreciated. The suite was amazing, the breakfast wonderful. I would definitely stay here again, even without the upgrade - the attitude of the staff make it all worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great service from all and I mean ALL employees... from the front desk to the bellman. Friendly hellos and all sorts of smiles, you could tell some great training was going on here. I haven't had this great of service in any other hotel, no matter what I have paid. As far as luxury do not look here for this, it would best be described as a above average condo, however with the level of service we got it went from a 3.5 to a 5. First room we got had a broken lock on the patio, however within minutes we had a very helpful service manager come to our room and offer an upgrade. This was the kind of service that was well above anything in this price range that made this a 5 out of 5 rating. Breakfast was good... not great, however again the service put it back up on the 5 out of 5 level. I have paid much more for a hotel room and gotten much less, and as they always say, location... location... location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I loved this hotel and would stay agsin! I has a corner room with tons of windows, electric fireplace was on with bed turndown service, and the room was huge. Request a room on the fifth floor for convenience to gym, pool, restaurant. Unbelievable value!! I got a great room rate on Orbitz.

• Stayed April 2014
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My family and I stayed at L'Hermitage for 3 nights, based in large part on reviews from TripAdvisor. I'm happy to say the reviews were spot on. Great location (we walked all over the City from the hotel); very clean and the staff was friendly and welcoming. The only reason I did not give an "excellent" rating was due to the construction directly across the street. However, I'm sure it will be finished by our next visit. I will gladly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed at L'Hermitage for 2 nights on business, in a King room, departing from my usual hotel, and did not regret it for a second.

The pros:
- 5 star service
- Spacious well-appointed rooms
- Spacious washroom with separate soaker bath and stand-up shower
- Gorgeous rooftop saltwater lap pool and hot tub
- Decent sized 24-hr fitness room with new equipment
- Nice steamroom
- Very nice, huge business lounge with high ceilings
- Convenient location close to Vancouver financial/business district, close walk to Rogers Arena, Pacific Centre mall, shopping on Robson street, restaurants in Gastown

The cons:
- Bed was too hard for my liking, but a matter of personal preference
- Immediate surrounding area lacks charm (currently surrounded by construction sites), no views of water/mountains

Overall this is an excellent hotel, and I would stay there again, even on my own dime.

• Stayed April 2014
Halifax, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visit Vancouver a couple of times a month, usually for one night. Although I could stay at a hotel closer to my office, I don't even bother anymore since this hotel is simply the best. On this trip I became very sick, the hotel staff took it upon themselves to run and get me medicine. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I sometimes use the lap pool and jacuzzi. I find the prices for the quality to be extremely fair for this market. I like that the rates don't get discounted on other sites. The staff are Always friendly, even housekeeping. Sometimes I wish some rooms could have better temp. Control, but if you stay on the poolside in larger room, windows can be opened, and some rooms even have balconies. Personally if it is available I will always choose this hotel. Easily one of the best hotels in the world.

Room Tip: I like sound of water, so rooms against lap pool are nicest.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to L'Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!