Each year a do a weekend Christmas getaway just before Christmas, and this year I decided on the L'Hermitage Hotel based on excellent reviews and reasonable cost. I'm an experienced traveler for both business and pleasure.
Overall this is an excellent hotel with exceptional service with only a couple minor tech related issues (see at bottom)
The location of the hotel is ideal, within only a couple of blocks of all the major downtown activity centres and transportation hubs. I was dropped off so did not have to worry about parking. Check in was efficient, pleasant and the staff are very welcoming. They made sure I had any information I needed about the hotel and the city.
My room was a corner regular room on the 5th floor. Not much of a view, but plenty of natural light during the day. The room is exquisitely decorated and appointed, and of a decent size. All the normal creature comforts were taking care of (with a minor exception noted below). The bathroom was spacious, with a nice sized tub and separate shower.
The bed was very comfortable and I had a good sleep. The room was quiet even though it is right next to the street.
there is a very nice lounge where you can relax and where they have a basic breakfast bunch (separate charge). The outdoor pool looked very inviting, but alas it was raining and cold, so did not venture out. There is an italian restaurant attached, but I decided to take in the many options for food around the downtown area.
I only had 2 minor issues with the room at the hotel:
- Internet speed is very poor. The wifi signal was strong, but average speed was barely 1Mbit/sec, making web pages load slowly and viewing online video almost impossible.
- there is no convenient power outlets. At the desk, you have to hut down behind the tv to plug in something on the floor. By the bed, there was no free outlets on either side, making it impossible to charge/use a device at the bed. this is ironic since the internet cable is located next to the bed. A simple bedside outlet, either separate or part of the lamp would be ideal.
these are minor issues, but given the high standard set by the hotel, and the fact most newer hotels do not have these issues, I find it surprising.
Still, I wouldn't hesitate recommending the hotel and staying again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the corner of Richards and Robson Street in the very heart of Vancouver's hottest shopping and entertainment district and only blocks from its' financial centre, L'Hermitage Hotel Vancouver is a 60-room, luxury, boutique property that graced the Vancouver hotel scene in June of 2008. Exclusively located on the 5th, 6th and 7th floors, L'Hermitage offers Studio-style rooms; One-bedroom Suites; Solarium-style rooms as well as One and Two-Bedroom 'homes' complete with a fully-equipped kitchen featuring Bosch and Sub-Zero appliances. Unique architecture within a West Coast setting, vogue interior design and thoughtful amenities makes L'Hermitage Hotel Vancouver the essence of the ultimate cosmopolitan getaway. When selecting your hotel for your next Vancouver business or leisure trip, please consider making your reservation with L'Hermitage Hotel Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your L'Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l Hermitage Hotel Vancouver