“Perfect for a long weekend in Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

You added L'Hermitage Hotel to your Saves list
L'Hermitage Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   788 Richards Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 3A4, Canada   |
Special Offer
Travellers Choice Package
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Manchester
“Perfect for a long weekend in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. The staff were lovely, so helpful, always friendly and chatty.

Our room was lovely, the bathroom was modern, extremely clean and very large! The bedroom was warm and cosy, comfortable bed and even had a fire place.

Good Wifi, option to use pool/gym/sauna. The one negative was the coffee.....but I found this to be the case in all Canadian hotels!

There was building work going on across the road but it had no impact on our stay. They offered a 10% discount in the neighbouring Italian restaurant (which was gorgeous) as a good will gesture.

The location is perfect. Walking distance to the majority of sights down town and shopping area. The staff were so helpful in directing us how to get to various locations even printing out maps and transport times.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Hebrew first
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a night, we got upgraded to one bedroom suite. The room was gorgeous, very modern fixtures, the kitchen had top of the line appliances. The nespresso machine was nice to have in the morning. There was construction going on across the street, however the hotel seemed to be pretty well insulated, since we could hear it only mildly. The service was excellent everywhere: at the front desk, restaurant, and valet. Has become my favorite hotel in Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our luxurious king-bed guest room (we were upgraded to a fireplace room!) was on the 6th floor and was beautifully furnished. L'Hermitage staff were courteous, friendly, patient and extremely helpful. The 12pm 'check-out' time was very convenient and 'the hassle-free' free internet access was an added bonus. We were only at this centrally located boutique hotel for one night but we would certainly stay longer next time. Everything about our stay was positive, even the rain! It gave us the excuse to stay in our room and be pampered. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed our room on the 6th floor. It was quiet and had easy access to the Dining Room an...
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at L'Hermitage for a grown ups only getaway weekend. We choose the hotel based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Needless to say the reviews were spot on. From the moment you pull up to the valet you are overwhelmed with the level of service from each member of the staff. A special thanks to the Raymond the Concierge who set us up with a great dinner on Saturday night and clued us in on where to spend our limited time in the city. I would definitely come back for a stay.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Before writing further, I'd like to establish the fact that my family I do not travel the world over and probably have a limited set of experiences when compared to others who travel for a living. As such we are reasonably aware of the "normal" type of stay at the "standard" hotel chains. We had decided to stay at L'Hermitage for a dual work/family opportunity which was the main reason for our visit to Vancouver.

To quote my oldest, "Best. Hotel. Ever!"

I am sure there will be those who have different experiences at L'Hermitage and may feel we are exaggerating the review, but our review is based on our experience and my wife and I have really no words to express our experience - truly first class all the way!

It was the totality of the trip beginning with the valet parking, check-in experience, and then heading to the room where we were presented with a 1BR, 2BA suite with a balcony, a full kitchen, and washer and dryer. The room also had an office/den space which was perfect for getting some work done when my two children went to sleep. Frankly - it was nicer than some aspects of our home.

The staff in L'Orangerie could not have been better - they took the time to learn the names of my children, my wife, and I and used them every time we came to breakfast. They were attentive and extremely courteous; they remembered what we had to drink from the morning before.

Raymond, the Concierge, was more than helpful with recommendations for dinner and different suggestions to experience Vancouver. He never made you feel rushed, was always willing to guide you toward a more local experience and never had anything but a smile at the ready. After the first day, Raymond was our go to guy for everything.

The heated salt water pool/spa was fun for my kids, despite the light rain that was falling when they were using it. They had the best time swimming laps and just being kids at a hotel.

The location at the corner of Robson and Richards is really the best possible location you can get with Vancouver. Robson is the heart of the city experience (as far as we were concerned) and there were too many restaurants to choose from during our visit. Shopping was easy to get to and with the market store at the end of Richards - it was easy to skip going out to dinner and cook in the room. Stanley Park is only about 1.5 miles from the hotel and so it is extremely runner friendly - which for me is something I find normally lacking in most hotels. Granville Island is not to be missed nor is the Aquarium, which while albeit a little smaller than most, packs a lot into what it offers at a reasonable price.

I've probably left something out for sure, but this is probably one of the first times I've been looking forward to writing a review. I'm glad it took a couple of days before I had a chance because it allowed my wife, my kids, and I to talk about the stay and every time they all said they wanted to go back. I cannot provide feedback on kids’ activities directly attributed to the hotel as there were none explicitly directed toward children. I also cannot provide feed back on the spa which is not something you will find at the hotel, although there are plenty of them within walking distance. I wish Trip Advisor would allow N/A as a selection.

The next time we have a chance to stay in Vancouver - L'Hermitage will be our first and only choice. I hope anyone basing their decision to say here after reading this review has the same experience we did. I would be really surprised if it were anything different.

Room Tip: Anything on the 7th floor past 705 - those rooms were the furthest from the elevator lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful, elegant hotel with an air of friendliness...the bellman greeted us by name on day two! Boutique room was really large and comfortable with 2 sitting chairs and a very large bathroom. The breakfast buffet includes specialty coffee drinks, scrumptous granola, yogurts, fruits as well as breads, waffles and eggs...and is served until 11:30! The excercise oom is also large and well equipped and the hot tub outside was an added treat! An exceptional city hotel!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff at L'Hermitage are really wonderful. I had a soggy visit to Vancouver so spent a lot more time in the room than anticipated. I was in a Petite room, which was a perfect size for one. Very comfortable King bed, spacious bathroom, great in-room dining. The hotel is centrally located downtown and an easy walk to Yaletown, Gastown, the waterfront, etc. I left early because of Hurricane Sandy and L'Hermitage refunded my two unused nights. A great experience that I hope to repeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to L'Hermitage Hotel? Share your experiences!