“Top marks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons in the Park

Seasons in the Park
West 33rd Avenue & Cambie Street | Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Y 2M5, Canada
604-874-8008
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,715 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cambie Street
Transit: Seasons in the Park is located at the very top of Vancouver's second largest greenspace. There are public transit stops located along both Cambie (#15) and Main Street (#3). For more information on getting here CLICK HERE!
Description: Poised in Queen Elizabeth Park at the highest point in the city, and overlooking the exquisite quarry gardens, Seasons in the Park Restaurant is a local landmark in a class of its own, having set the standard for distinctive regional cuisine and exceptional service in Vancouver for almost 20 years. Centrally located and just a 10-minute drive from the Vancouver International Airport and Vancouver’s downtown core, this glass-wrapped restaurant features stunning views of Vancouver’s shimmering city skyline, the North Shore Mountains and Pacific Ocean. With innovative, seasonal dishes, the menu highlights West Coast and Pacific Rim influences and delivers clean, fresh, simple dishes. For private events Seasons in the Park offers four unique rooms, each boasting unparalleled views. Seasons in the Park is the quintessential Vancouver dining experience; simply the very best the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Top marks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited whilst on holiday from the UK, food was exceptional, especially the fish which was evidently fresh. Service was polite and friendly, and prices were reasonable - oh and that view!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“The food is good but the prime selling feature is the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My sister and I took our father for a dinner at Seasons In the Park. The view was great from the restaurant. The staff were friendly and efficient. Prices are on the upper end but the food was good. Seafood, steak and desserts were delicious. Word of advice about parking: one can choose to valet park with the restaurant and pay a large sum or one can self park the car in the public parking lot down the hill from the restaurant and pay a lot less.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
White Rock, Canada
“It appears they know people come for the view...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I read the reviews on three different sites before going to Seasons last night, so my expectations were low for quality of service and high for the view and the quality of the food, which seems to be the consensus. Interestingly enough, the restaurant responds to many critical reviews and has done so for more than a year, yet they still have abysmal service. I'll start with my first interaction.

I called to make my reservation. It was my husband's birthday and I asked if they did anything special. I was told I could buy a dessert and they'd add an edible "Happy Birthday" placard and put a candle in the dessert. That sounded good enough to me, so I ordered the chocolate cake and asked if they could write my husband's name below the placard on the plate in chocolate sauce... I also asked that the cake be served when our table is cleared after the meal and perhaps they could ask if we wanted dessert and I'd ask to see the menu, and that could be the cue to get his surprise.... the woman on the phone said they'd "try". I don't understand the use of the word "try" in this context. It is my husband's birthday and I simply want his name added on the plate, this has been done at chain restaurants like MIlestones a million times, so why can't a supposedly finer establishment do this? That call was last week, so I called back yesterday to confirm our reservation and to confirm my earlier instructions, the woman said yes, she saw it noted in the book and she'd try to make sure our server knew. Again "try".

We arrived and I assume the manager was standing there greeting people and looking around. Might I suggest visiting tables and asking about service conditions instead? We were seated immediately, which was great. We got water after 10 minutes. Then bread after another 10 minutes. Then our order was taken 10 minutes after that. Obviously that is not good. Then our order comes, my husband's steak was delicious as I had a bite and he agreed. So 10/10 for his meal. My meal on the other hand was about a 5/10. I had the burger, and while the meat was seasoned quite tastily, it was overcooked and dry. When the food came to the table, I asked our server for additional ketchup and a "Coke". I, of course, anticipated drinking the Coke with my meal, not after my meal ended. She then went to the seven person table beside us and proceeded to take their order, then I suppose she went to enter the order, and my meal was more than halfway finished when I asked another server, who then got me a Pepsi (not Coke). I would have preferred if they told me that they did not serve Coke, then I would have ordered something else. Many people can't tell the difference, many people don't care, but many people do care if Pepsi and Coke are interchanged, so let someone know. If I asked for Grey Goose, I'm sure they'd let me know if they didn't carry that brand of Vodka, so why is pop any different? And why did I wait 10 minutes for it and ketchup?

So now the big moment, the plates are cleared, our server asks if we want dessert, I asked to see the menu (which I reminded her when my husband went to the bathroom) and she smiled and went off to supposedly request his birthday dessert. Twenty minutes later, here comes the cake, and by this time, my husband was wondering why they hadn't come back to take our dessert order, but he was still smiles because of the surprise. I was the pissed one.

The final incident was when I noticed the time... our resevation was for 7:00, and we were seated as we walked in at about 7:03, because our parking meter expired at 9:00 on the dot. I noticed it was 9:03, and could not believe how fast time flew by and how slow the service was because we'd just finished our dessert. My husband leaves for the bathroom and I flag the server because I need the bill quickly so we don't get a parking ticket. I tell the server that our parking has expired and I need the bill quickly. So for her, "quick" is about five minutes. And when she comes to the table, she sets the bill on the table and is about to walk away, so I said, "No, please don't go I'm ready", now where the heck was she going when I just told her that we need to pay because our meter is expired?!?! The entire night our server was giving all her attention to the seven person table, I suppose for the bigger tip. Well, we always tip well for great service, and we always tip poorly for poor service, so her fate was sealed by her actions. She didn't even deserve the little tip I left.

The view was stunning and the food was good, but really, there is equally good food at over one hundred other restaurants in the lower mainland. But they don't have this stunning view. And I suppose they know this, and this is why they do nothing to improve upon their quality of service. They don't need to, because people will keep going despite it. Two hours for service for two people from being seated to eating the last spoon of dessert? It isn't really worth the hassle for the view, just visit the park and eat somewhere else.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sequoia R, Customer Service Coordinator at Seasons in the Park, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dearest Guest,

You could not have been more wonderfully detailed in your review! Thank you for going into all aspects of your visit. There is much we can and will use.

Firstly, an apology for what was clearly a frustrating and disappointing experience for you. As I have said in previous responses to reviews, I can absolutely assure you that all feedback is taken into account by the restaurant management.

Secondly, service standards are exceptionally important to us. Needless to say, from your description, we are falling short. While our view is truly stunning...excellent service, superb food and a delightful atmosphere are integral to the entire package of the dining experience at Seasons in the Park.

We sincerely appreciate your review and are committed to improving those issues you outlined.
We feel confident that all matters will be resolved so that our guests are enamored by our outstanding service, first-rate food, as well as our incredible view.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback.

Warm regards,

Adele Holgate
Customer Service Coordinator I Sequoia Company of Restaurants
e: feedback@vancouverdine.com
Vancouver, Canada
“Bad food, Negative staff, Nice View”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

One of the worst dining experiences I've had in Vancouver. Went the other day, dealt with staff that looked extremely unhappy, no smiles in sight through the entire space, managers included. It seemed like a chore to get any modicum of service out of the servers and at that like we were an inconvenience to them. The food was sub par by any vancouver dining standard. You can get better food most anywhere else, and far overpriced. I suppose you are paying for the view which is great, but at those prices I would think the service and food should at least be passable. Not sure what is going on with this place, it used to be much better. I expect more when I dine out. There are a million places to eat in Vancouver, I strongly suggest you pass on this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sequoia R, Customer Service Coordinator at Seasons in the Park, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you kindly for your recent feedback. Please accept my apology on behalf of everyone at Seasons in the Park Restaurant. I am disappointed to hear of your unsatisfactory visit.

We appreciate you giving us your time in communicating your experience. Certainly our objective is to keep you as a customer, and we are acting on your comments. Your feedback has been forwarded to Season's management and one of our managers will be following up with you shortly.

Is there a contact number that one of our managers can reach you at? We would like the opportunity to right this situation and keep you as a customer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Best Regards,

Adele Holgate
Customer Service Coordinator I Sequoia Company of Restaurants
e: feedback@vancouverdine.com
delta bc
“Pre dinner drinks with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

went with a large group of out of town guests as we wanted a pre dinner drink with a view.
Seasons did not disappoint. We sat outside in the lovely green couches and enjoyed a fresh glass of bubbly and the phenomenal view. The staff were lovely and welcoming, offered blankets as it was chilly, we ordered some delicious flat breads and were very tempted to stay for dinner, but moved on as we had reservations elsewhere. However we will be back.

• Visited May 2013