“She did not want to leave...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia

You added Rosewood Hotel Georgia to your Saves list
Rosewood Hotel Georgia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1P7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“She did not want to leave...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I surprised my fiancée with a short stay at the gorgeous & luxurious Rosewood Hotel Georgia, partly to celebrate our engagement at the tail end of our business trip to Vancouver. I agreed with her wholeheartedly when she exclaimed that this is the best hotel we’ve ever stayed at (amongst the dozen or so luxury hotels we’ve frequented).

We stayed in a Junior Suite on the 12th floor overlooking the Reflections patio from April 12 - 14. Everything about the suite and the hotel is nothing short of sumptuous – very clean, spacious, and super quiet (the solid floors & walls ensured tranquility for our neighbours even when we got a little rambunctious…)

Upon our entry into the suite we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice and berries, and a card with a personalized note. What a nice touch! My fiancée just fell in love with the main bathroom/spa at first sight (upon which I was “politely relegated” to the small 2nd bathroom for the duration of our stay). That night she would immerse herself in the deep soaker tub for hours; all I heard was her singing to herself while enjoying sips of champagne.

We chose to dine at Hawksworth on our 1st night; very nice atmosphere and great food, with exceptional service. On the 2nd night we utilized the concierge service to obtain a last minute reservation for a restaurant on Alberni Street, and arrange a pleasurable ride in the Bentley to the restaurant. Everything was taken cared perfectly, from the friendly & efficient concierge to the wonderful man behind the wheels of the Bentley. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to enjoy the saltwater swimming pool or the spa. These will definitely be on our list for our next visit to Rosewood.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is the best balance in terms of price, space & luxury. Request a room higher up...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Rosewood at the end of October last year; it was a pleasant stay. We liked the following about the hotel: well appointed rooms (junior suite with heated bathroom floors), pleasant turn-down service, location- close proximity to public transportation, including the sky train to the airport and walking distance to Stanley Park, and the complimentary car service chauffeured by the very knowledgeable Jim. The junior suite was spacious, well appointed with a very large, comfortable bed topped with luxurious linens and a nice view of the Vancouver Art Gallery. The rain shower in the large bathroom along with dual vanities lent itself to an agreeable start to our morning.

I must regretfully say that I was disappointed by the inconsistent concierge service given the prior reviews on trip advisor. I had better luck with the evening/afternoon concierge or the front desk than the daytime concierge. The concierge at service did not make a reservation at a particular restaurant for dinner stating that this restaurant, Maenam does not take reservations, which upon our arrival at the restaurant we learned was untrue as all the tables were reserved in advance, we had to eat seated at the bar. The concierge also failed to inform us knowing that we were headed to the Vancouver Art Gallery that the gallery was undergoing a new installation and therefore, had closed access to some of the important exhibits.

I would recommend the following experiences for like-minded travelers on a weekend trip to Vancouver. Food- Yew restaurant at Four Seasons (2 min walk from the hotel), Vij’s in South Granville (<10 min drive from the hotel; does not take reservations but worth the early visit), Edible Canada in Granville Island, and the food trucks (there are websites and apps to find some interesting ones in one’s vicinity). In terms of other explorations, I would recommend Stanley park, Granville island, Museum of Anthropology, and self-guided walking tours of the different neighborhoods. Of note, look for offers for complimentary night on the hotel website.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed over in Vancouver for a few days on our way to Whistler. I have stayed in the Shangri-La, Four Seasons and Wedgwood in Vancouver previously, but hadn't been impressed. Noting the newly renovated Rosewood I thought we would give it a try and I am glad that we did. The staff were extremely warm and friendly. Special mention to Jim who drives the hotels complimentary car for treating us so wonderfully. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished our interconnecting double and twin worked really well. Pool is great. Brilliantly situated for everything you would want to do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The junior suite was well-equipped, beautifully decorated, wonderfully maintained, and very comfortable. The prices were also very reasonable. A little more closet space would be better in a suite for two, but the spacious, elegant bathroom made up for that and more so. The staff is accomodating and friendly and the service can't be beat. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard rather than the street. Georgia St is very busy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times now, the staff, service, and the look of the hotel once you step inside has always been beyond my expectations. On my last visit I was there for my anniversary the GM was kind enough to upgrade us and provided us a bottle of wine on the hotel. Every little detail to the way the staff ask if its ok go step into the room to the elegant rooms and dining that is offered is always impressive. They treat you with respect and make you feel like your always special. I would highly recommend this hotel wether your staying for a visit in town or are spending a night downtown this hotel separates itself from the competition with its superb treatment of its visitors. I would highly recommend the Rosewood Hotel Georgia to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Spent 3 nights here last week and my wife summed it up the best when she told me: "you'll just have to work a little harder from now on" It makes it very hard to stay anywhere else once you have enjoyed the level of service this hotel offers its guests. From the initial greeting as you enter the driveway, to the very last check out, it appears every single staff member is there to help you, and offer you whatever service you may require along the way. Adam the concierge, and Jim the hotel driver are both simply amazing! They really went out of their ways to make our stay the most enjoyable and memorable we've ever had in beautiful Vancouver! I visit this city often, and I will not be staying anywhere else from now on...simply put~ you get what you pay for, and this place is the best. One of the absolute best hotel experiences I've had in my 35 years, truly remarkable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Felt like Royalty from the minute we walked in. The customer service exceeds anything I have ever experienced in hotels stays. In our room was a bottle of champagne, a long handwritten card and a fruit bowl for our anniversary. Alex the concierge was outstanding and Jim the car driver was so friendly, loved life and loved his job. We tried to tip him, however he refused and told us loving his job was gratitude enough and meeting people like us made it all worth it! The rooms...wow! Best bed and bathrooms I've ever stayed in. Colors, lighting, finishes all exquisite. We got back from dinner and at least 4 staff said" welcome back, did you have a wonderful evening?" I will only stay at the Rosewood Georgia in Vancouver and if you do too, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Get a bathtub room....so worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Hotel Georgia? Share your experiences!