“Exemplary service in a stunning setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia

You added Rosewood Hotel Georgia to your Saves list
Rosewood Hotel Georgia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1P7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary, Canada
“Exemplary service in a stunning setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Vancouver boasts a vast selection of hotels for both the business and leisure traveler, and it's easy to see why the Rosewood Hotel Georgia is becoming a favourite for all. The hotel been lovingly restored to reflect it's former glory, but most importantly the staff clearly take pride in offering true hospitality.
When I was en route from the airport last week I learned that my colleagues' reservations hadn't been completed. This was due to an internal mixup on our part- nothing to do with the hotel. Grace at the front desk, and her counterpart in reservations were incredibly efficient to rectify the situation and made my (more senior) colleagues check in seamless - even though they arrived while I was still in the taxi.
There are many other reasons to choose this property, which other reviewers have discussed... the Bentley, beautifully appointed rooms, the gorgeous swimming pool, great food & drink & etc. But the service is what makes the biggest impression. Huge thanks to Grace, as well as Matthew (concierge) and Jim (chauffeur extraordinaire) who are great ambassadors for this brand!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is by far the most amazing hotel in Vancouver. Old Hollywood glamour meets modernity. I have had the pleasure of staying here three times and I wish I could live here. The bathrooms are TO DIE FOR. The beds are insanely comfortable. They go to every length to make you feel like royalty. Take the complimentary Bentley, chauffeured by Jim to your restaurant reservation or your concert (you too can feel like Jay Z for 10 minutes). Not to be missed are drinks in the lounge - the Hotel Georgia (I think it was called) was cocktail of the year and it was one of the best cocktails I have ever had. Hawksworth is great too - very busy, but obviously a popular place. The bartender made an amazing Pink Gin from their impressive selection of bitters.
STAY HERE. You won't regret it. The location is mint.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

On first arrival very early (9am) I was able to check in which was fantastic as I have very jet lagged. The porter was attentive and enthusiastic and immediately took my heavy luggage to a trolley and escorted me to reception. Check in was smooth and friendly the same porter escorted me to my room whilst detailing the amenities. Kindly noting my exhaustion he said I could always call concierge to explain the amenities again should I need.
The bed was amazing, so comfortable, lighting in room can be adjusted from the bed or lobby (including the privacy light on the front door) and the TV had a roaring fire with a personalised welcome note.
Bathroom had heated floors, brilliant soaker tub which I took advantage of both nights, waterfall shower with great pressure, and centralized lighting adjustments. Oddly the toilet had the best view.
I had in-room dining which was prompt (15-25mins) and accurate. The triple lemon dessert is great. I didn't try the Elvis Presley special but it was certainly intriguing.
Breakfast was great as well, service even faster and although $18 for eggs benedict with smoked salmon, rosti and croissant seemed a little pricey it was delicious.
I tried the spa tapas (scalp, facial and hand) at the in house Sense Spa and the staff, especially Chitoe were great. Chitoe listened to my skin concerns, made adjustments of the tapas based on jet lag and skin condition and knew when to keep the silence. I felt very spoiled, which was a wonderful jet lag fix and I will definitely recommend it to others. I may make it a regular visit when in Vancouver.
Overall Rosewood Hotel Georgia is exactly what I expected from a five star establishment. Great location, great amenities and services, Concierge greeted farewelled me by name as I came and went, asked about the tour I had sought information on the day before and other guests all seemed very relaxed and comfortable.
I never felt judged by my hiking backpack and ruffed up suitcase and having stayed at many five star establishments I rate Rosewood Hotel Georgia very highly. Worthy every penny.

Room Tip: The soaker tub is worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a great experience in this hotel. Service was extraordinary and staff were helpful in every way. Hotel is conveniently located to the downtown area. Rooms are by good and turndown service great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having stayed in 5+ star hotels around the world and developed quite an appetite for great service and surroundings, I can say with a high degree of confidence that the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, is perfect. They have found a balance that is near impossible to define, yet present every moment of your stay. The only drawback was with the bed...if there is such a thing as too good a bed, this is it....and it could very well disrupt your desire to tour the city at all as getting out of this bed is beyond difficult and should only be attempted in case of emergency. Room service was terrific and the cap on a perfect weekend had to be the ability to get your hands on a Japadog with only a short two block walk. I have to say that this hotel has captured all the most vital intangibles and then somehow managed to sustain them in the most understated and natural way...a little like breathing.

Since returning home, I have been doing everything I can to make sure I align the stars to allow me a quick and welcomed return to the Hotel Georgia...oh ya, if you are successful getting out of bed, Vancouver is pretty okay too.

MP

Room Tip: Executive Corner...great shower...soaker tub and view of the Art Gallery of Vancouver.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for Valentines night, on a business trip !. This is one very special Hotel, has to be one of the best I have ever stayed in. Arrived late so had something to eat in the bar, it was packed with Valentine couples, but I received superb and fast service and really great bar snacks and nibbles, including a dozen oysters incorporating 3 different varieties. The cocktails were out of this world , in particular a spicy and smoky margarita, never had anything like it before . I had a standard room ( I think ) and it was amazing, at one end a huge TV on the wall with a seating area including a decent size couch , at the other end huge double bed, one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in , then to the side a massive bathroom. One off the best walk in showers ever with a huge recessed rain style head , a bath that was free standing and double ended, and twin wash hand basins, one either side of the bathroom. The atmosphere here is one of relaxed efficiency and professionalism . Thanks to all I had the pleasure to interact with, concierge, reception, Claudia and the cocktail maker in the bar . A great experience , need to find an excuse now to get back to Vancouver just so that I can stay here again. !

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to attend a conference in Vancouver and decided to try the Rosewood Hotel (formerly the Georgia Hotel). What a lovely surprise, this hotel is has been totally renovated and modernized. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous (I stayed in two different rooms as my trip was broken up), the bathrooms have an amazing shower, where the water comes from the ceiling,making you feel like you stepped under a waterfall. The beds, I must say, were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, not sure if it was the bed itself or the incredible sheets, I just didn't want to get out of bed.
Everything is within walking distance, Pacific Centre Mall, Robson St, Stanley Park, and lots of restaurants and coffee shops. I highly recommend this hotel. Staff is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rosewood Hotel Georgia? Share your experiences!