“Amazing first visit to Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia

Save Saved
You added Rosewood Hotel Georgia to your Saves list
Rosewood Hotel Georgia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1P7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #2 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Sacramento, California
“Amazing first visit to Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Reviews simply don't/can't do this hotel justice! Our room was beautiful, clean, and oh so comfy but the bathroom with its heated floors made our short stay more than worth while. Connie at the concierge desk was amazing to work with regarding reservations and things to do. Jim the Bentley driver was very informative and gave a great history lesson. He also recommended Hy`s and Blue water cafe for dining...they were both nice...steak at Hy`s was excellent , Blair was our server.

• Stayed December 2012

763 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Fort St. John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Well I travel a fair amount for persona and business (over 40 hotel nightsin 2012) and I have found this hotel to be a magical gem in Vancouver. We have a personal favorites in a number of cities and this is now our #1 Vancouver option. Everything has been 5 star, from arriving and having 3 gents (very smartly dressed) help us out of our car, to check in, to the room service, to the lounge service.... WOW WOW WOW.... the rooms are so nice, very relaxing stay!!! if you are wondering if this might be worth it - well simply put IT IS!!!! Book it and enjoy first class for yourself! (note, combo Business and Couples trip).. they certainly may a gay couple feel welcome - thank you!

Room Tip: i don't think there is a bad room in the house!
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The bed was unbelievably comfortable, the room excellent, and the toiletries first class. They even provide a kettle and tea free of charge for us tea drinkers. The huge bath tub was a very pleasant surprise.

Where it falls down a little is the limited menu. On my first night I was looking forward to a quiet night in my room with a good in-room dinner thrown in. I was surprised to see how limited the menu was and I ordered the beef tenderloin (fillet), though no complaints about the meal when it came. Next morning I was again surprised not to see a breakfast buffet, and a limited breakfast menu.

Moral of the tale: definitely stay here for the excellent rooms (free internet by the way) but plan on eating out.

Room Tip: Go for the king size bed - brilliant!
All over Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The bed. You sink into it. You don't want to get out if it. It is THE most comfortable bed in Vancouver I am sure. In addition the massive soaker tub in the bathroom is also not bad if you can get out of bed. On top of this you can expect a top notch restaurant with cutting edge cuisine, a bar in the lounge that will transport you to another era while you work your way through the creative cocktail list, and an outdoor lounge area with an open air fire pit. Minor draw back is the rather slow wifi connection, and the 16.95 per day for a faster connection. This has been the best hotel stay I have done in Vancouver and will certainly be coming back!

• Stayed December 2012
Wilsonville, Oregon USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

From the moment we drove up to the hotel-- to the moment we left-- we were pampered. I loved everything about this place! The staff was so helpful/funny/thoughtful/cheerful . . . I could go on and on just about them. The room was special and the bed was the best! Pillows were like i imagine clouds must be like. The bathroom even had a heated floor. I took a bath everyday in the tub. My husband loved the shower--lots of room. Great location for everything. Jim the Bentley driver was the best! He knew everything and was extremely helpful. We can't wait to return. We are planning a trip soon with our grandsons. They will LOVE that pool. The restaurant had the best lamb we have ever eaten. And the breakfast potatoes were the best. We travel all the time and are used to staying in very nice places but we felt this was the one that we will always remember and compare to. Unfortunately I didn't have time for a spa treatment but hope to enjoy one next time.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and it was fine. We had a deluxe suite.
Delta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

It started out to be the most amazing hotel experience I've ever had. It was my birthday, Nov 16th, 2012, so my husband surprised me with a night at the Rosewood Hotel Geogia & dinner at the award winning Hawksworth Restaurant. Everything was truly amazing until we got home & I noticed my jewerly was missing. My necklace & my expensive & very sentimental Pandora Charm bracelet was not in my suitcase. I called the hotel to report this. They said they would check the room but the room had already been cleaned & nothing had been report by the cleaning staff. I asked them to question the staff but they said they wouldn't because they trusted their staff. I have never seen my jewelry again but I expect some one is getting a really nice Christmas gift this year!
Would you want to stay there with their trusted staff????

Room Tip: Keep all vaulables with you at all times
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve H, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review from your visit last November. More importantly, I need to apologize for your missing items, we can not find any trace of them.

We have double checked with our housekeeping department and spoke to the room attendant who cleaned your room. Our lost and found log was reviewed and we found nothing has been turned in matching what you have described to us. We have also contacted our laundry in the event the items were left on the bed and got mixed into the linens when the room attendant cleaned your room. Nothing has been found so far. The investigation will remain on going until we have exhausted every possible cause for the items to go missing.

Again, we are very sorry this happened to you. I will personally keep this matter as my top priority as I know how important these items were to you.

Please feel free to call me to discuss this matter in more detail.

Regards,

Steve Halliday
Managing Director
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stay in hotels on average once per month, and most typically in apartment style suites. The Rosewood was tremendous in so many ways:
- check in was attentive without being intrusive and as the staff casually chatted with us about our reasons for being in Vancouver, they collected enough information to make restaurant recommendations, confirm our reservation for the hotel restaurant and book the Bentley so that I could get to my morning appointment the next day.
- the staff greeted us by name throughout our 3-day stay. As a comparison, this type of personalized attention did not happen when we stayed at the penthouse in the Trump International.
- the 1 bedroom suite had a scale. For anyone trying to be healthy while travelling, you will know why a scale is not only important, but also suprisingly rare in a hotel room. The only other place we have ever seen a scale was the Trump International penthouse.
- ladies, there are full length mirrors in this suite. Again, most women who use hotels will know how rare it is to find a full length mirror.
- the touchpad lighting system could be controlled from various areas of the suite, and again was unlike anything we have ever seen anywhere else.
- when arriving back to the suite at the end of the evening, we found robes and slippers had been laid out with a cookie for each of us beside the bed. Housekeeping noticed that we wore prescrption glasses and we found eyeglass cleaning pads were left beside our glasses in the bathroom.
- the pool and exercise area was extremely well equipped. The pool in particular was beautiful becuase of its transition lighting.
- the bedside clock was a simple alarm clock. Given the increasing complexity of the bedside clocks/docks/radios in so many hotels, it was a surprising relief to find an elegant clock that was simple to use!
- in the weeks after our stay, we contacted the hotel about purchasing the pillows and bedding. The staff who took the call actually tracked down housekeeping so as to confirm the precise pilllows in the room that we stayed in.
- unlike so many other hotels, housekeeping was absolutely invisible. We never once saw a cart or any evidence that anything other than magic is used to maintain this sparkling and beautiful property.
- overall, the suite was so luxurious that we didn't notice the terrible Vancouver weather. It was a pleasure just to spend time in the room.

The only problem was that the road was noisy, but this is to be expected in a downtown location for a major city. Without a doubt, we will stay here again. We would go back if only to enjoy the stunning lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rosewood Hotel Georgia? Share your experiences!