“Beautiful combination of modern and antique decor; superb location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia

You added Rosewood Hotel Georgia to your Saves list
Rosewood Hotel Georgia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1P7, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful combination of modern and antique decor; superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've stayed here a few times as it is conveniently located across from the court house, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It's always a pleasure to stay here. Everyone is friendly, from the valet to the check-in, to the restaurant staff. The rooms are immaculate. Everything Vancouver has to offer is at its doorstep.

The Rosewood is a wonderful alternative to the 'typical' chain hotel experience. It manages to be charming, yet consistently meet a business traveller's needs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The recent renovations to this hotel were completed with respect of the old hotel and very tastefully done. The staff were very professional, respectful and discreet. We also rented a board room for a day and found the staff were supportive and attentive to detail. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our first stay at the Hotel Georgia and we hope to return someday. Every aspect of the hotel embodied excellence...the staff, the facilty, the restaurants, the room, and the spa. We will always remember Jim, our driver of the Hotel's Bentley, whose professionalism, kindness, and knowledge of the area absolutely made our trip to Vancouver one of the most memorable experiences at a hotel that we have ever had. The location of the property is perfectly situated in the downtown area. Our room was quiet and the bathroom was huge. Stay here...don't look elsewhere. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you ask for a room on one of the upper floors that overlooks the art museum.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful hotel! From the beautiful 1920's decor to the attentiveness of the staff, this was the perfect retreat in Vancouver. By far the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. This is one not to miss! I especially enjoyed Jim, the Bentley driver, it is a lovely service to offer their guests. You will not be disappointed...

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have just returned home after spending three nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia for our tenth wedding anniversary. The historic hotel has been renovated to keep the Art Deco details of the building but the finishings are modern, warm and luxurious. The staff made our stay truly amazing. Everyone was friendly, helpful and seemed to be as excited about our anniversary as we were. They sent us a bottle of champagne, lent us umbrellas to walk in the rain, left us cookies and bottled water every night. Jim, the Bentley driver, drove us a couple of times and he was really personable -- we could tell he loves his job.

We had dinner at Hawksworth Restaurant one evening. The food and wine were fabulous. It lived up to its reputation as Canada's best restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This early 1900 hotel revives what every hotel establishment must have been like when there was REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. Wow. I have traveled to many destinations with regards to work and leisure and have never received such genuine gracious customer service ever. In fact, my last hotel I stayed at was the Barcelo in San Jose del Cabo for $800/night and I feel I was completely duped. The Barcelo should take some lessons from this master. I decided last minute to take my 3 children up to Vancouver just for some fun. Made a last minute reservation, showed up 4 hours later to none other than 3 kids terry robes & slippers laid out on the bed, a jelly sandwich, cookies and a bowl of delicious jelly beans in our beautiful and very cozy room. AND this was after my kids were greeted with coloring books, crayons and a deck of cards in the lobby. The kids loved swimming in the pool which appeals to them due to the cool shades of red, blue and yellow, of which the whole pool changes at night. Now, lets talk about the bed! I believe, had I been childless on this trip, I would have slept for a solid 12 hours. I have never, ever slept in a more comfortable "hotel bed". Usually I can't wait to sleep in my own bed after a night in a hotel. Not this time! Now I cannot wait to go back. Thank you to all of the staff at the Hotel Georgia (especially Tareq). I will now officially make this my main stay when in Vancouver a few times a year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Vacations are very important to me and I like staying in nice places when I travel. I know that we could find less expensive hotels or perhaps, with some effort, a deal somewhere, but for me, the hotel is a very important component of my vacation and I am willing to pay a premium to stay somewhere great. Some of the nicer places we have stayed include Hotel St. Germain Maple Leaf Square when in Toronto, Jade Mountain when in St. Lucia, Hotel Babuino 181 when in Rome, the Iberostar Grand Bavaro when in the Dominican Republic, and the Taj Mahal New Delhi when in New Delhi. The Rosewood Georgia Hotel is right up there with these great hotels and we will definitely stay here again if we return to Vancouver. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was magnificent. It was spacious, had high end furnishings, a terrific bathroom, and a cool lighting system. And throughout the hotel all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We also ate at the hotel restaurant - Hawksworth for supper and then again for breakfast the following morning. You can’t go wrong if you stay here.

Room Tip: The deluxe room was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Hotel Georgia? Share your experiences!