“Upmarket food store” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meinhardts

Meinhardts
14th & Granville, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Fairview)
Improve this listing
Ranked #907 of 2,763 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Fairview
Neighborhood: Fairview
Dundee, Scotland
“Upmarket food store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is an upmarket food store/supermarket, selection of food very good with good layout, enjoyed my visit.

Visited June 2013

“Expensive but handy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Meinhardts has a long history in Vancouver. Before the Pattison group bought it, it was owned by Linda Meinhardt who essentially copied Dean and Deluca with the wood floors, stainless shelving, and foodie specialty items. Before that it was Harts, and that was around for a long time as the local grocer.

The deli makes the most delicious Indian fare, but is so expensive that every time I pay $20 for a smattering of deliciousness, I figure I could have gone to Rangoli down the street and have someone serve excellent Indian food to me.

The flowers are lovely. Most of the produce is conventional, which is one of the reasons I don't shop there more often.

Visited March 2013
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
“Foodie Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

For unusual, gourmet or fabulous food for your own kitchen or to impress your friends. I always spend way too much money but come home with excellent gourmet sauces, oils, foods to experience.

“not the market for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Meinhardts is a South Granville staple, and a lot of Vancouverites love it. I go a couple of times a year just for novelty, as there are markets I prefer in my own neighbourhood. When I stopped in the other day, I was reminded why I don't bother making the trip more frequently. It's going for a European vibe, and has a lot of interesting products, but they seem so overpriced and the space is so crowded and sometimes smells a bit...well...pungent. If I were going to choose a similar kind of pricey market, I'd hit Urban Fare downtown or on 4th, or Whole Foods on Cambie, or the Granville Island market.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Meinhardts - its what Urban Fare improved on.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Meinhardts in Kits closed a while back leaving the Granville street store by itself. MH has excellent prepared food (Lunches, etc) but their groceries and flowers are way over priced. Urban fare does groceries and service better, tho' their food is not quite MH standard.

Visited January 2013