“Best Ethiopian Food in Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #712 of 3,315 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Vancouver
“Best Ethiopian Food in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have gone to Gojo a number of times as it is one of our favourite spots. The food here is authentic, made on premise and so full of flavour. The cook uses rich spices which brings on into the exotic nature of this food for being on the wetcoast of Canada. The injira is amazing. The last time we went was my birthday. We asked about the traditional coffee ceremony and though they were not totally prepared, they quickly put one together for us. We heard the history of this cewreminy and expreienced first hand something that is a tradition in Ethipia, the home of the coffee bean. We have always received excellent service at Gojo, the accomodate every request, are always happy and courteous and then the amazing part happens when you egt the bill and find that for what you received, the cost is so reasonable. I can not give a higher recommendation to Gojo.

• Visited June 2012

Kaslo, Canada
“What a wonderful little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

If your anywhere near this place, go. We loved the staff and the food was great and an excellent value,$56 for six!

• 4 of 5 stars
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I've had Ethiopian food in other establishments in Vancouver and this is bar far the tastiest! The dishes are so traditional but unique at the same time. The injera here has a consistency parallel to no other - I don't know how they make it so much better than everyone else. The interior of the restaurant looks like an Ethiopian hut, so the experience is authentic. This restaurant is close to our house and we go semi-regularly - we are always greeted by the same woman who is friendly and somehow remembers what I had the last time I visited. I love this place and writing this review is making me crave Gojo food. The restaurant is on the quiet side of Commercial Dr. (at 12th) away from the hustle and bustle and where parking is plentiful. Well worth it!

• Visited September 2011
“A Yummy Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

A Yummy surprise to say the least. This is a cute and warm atomsphere, designed to replicate the inside of an Ethiopian hut. The service was good and the server was attentive to my requests. I had a Veggie combo that was out of this world. Excellent flavours and totally filling, I couldn't eat it all, had to box about half of it and enjoyed for lunch the following day. Since I was able to get two meals out of this one order the value is incredible. This is kind of a hard place to find but it is right next to the Firestone store on Commercial Drive. I will return to this place quite often!

• 4 of 5 stars
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly, bright little...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Friendly, bright little place. Generous portions and yummy veg & meaty options.