“An excellent dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

+1 250-725-3353
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Tofino
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Toronto, Canada
“An excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a great meal at this restaurant. The food is delicious, fresh with an interesting menu and great beers on tap.
The restaurant has two floors. Downstairs busy, noisy with huge tv and an open kitchen. The atmosphere is great for young people .
However if one is looking for a quiet and relaxed dining, upstairs is perfect.
There is also a beautiful , large and inviting patio.
The service was lovely , attentive and accommodating .
We had a great dinner and every thing we ordered was very good.
This is a great addition to Tofino and I highly recommend it

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Bedford, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had lunch at Shelter and I may now be spoiled for Fish Tacos anywhere else. They were perfect, I also had Oysters as an appetizer and they were very fresh and perfectly prepared. My husband had the Kale salad, that may have been one of the best salads I've ever tasted. The service was also incredible and the view delightful.

If you are in Tofino you really should take the time to eat at Shelter.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was our first place to eat on our vacay in tofino we first thought sobo but left quickly because not much appealed to us on the menu so we came to shelter great patio so we could keep an eye on our convertable and great food and service ! Calamari was awsome and my hubbies burger was wicked!

Vancouver, Canada
“very good diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

It is our first time there for diner. It was very good. My husband and daughter shared the Calamari,
they loved it. After they had each the steak frites and they liked it very much. I had the lamb dish , it was excellent! We shared the three of us the desert of the day. It was a fruit crumble with on top a ice cream, it was delicious ! The service was very well. And we did not have to wait too long between dishes. It is a very busy restaurant , a reservation is necessary.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“The definitive Tofino Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is Tofino. The second I roll through the doors and smell the smokey aroma of the fireplace mingling with the fresh fish and ocean air I know I am in for a treat. The salmon entree with the apple butter is perhaps the greatest salmon dish available on the planet.

Visited December 2013