The Schooner Restaurant - The West Coast's Premier Seafood and Chop House
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our resort in Tofino recommended this restaurant and the Shelter. We stopped at the Shelter first only because it was closer but there was a 30-40min wait so we thought we'd try here. Glad we did. We got right in but the place was almost full for dinner. We had the Admirals plate of Seafood for two which was great. Dinner two drinks and a tip came to $150 for the night. A little pricey but not unheard-of for Tofino i hear. And that was lots of food. I was stuffed. Great night out with my wife.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nanaimo, Canada
“One of our regular stops in Tofino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had lunch here last weekend and, as usual, great food. I asked for guidance on gluten free choices on the menu and there were many things to choose from. Only disappointment was that my Tom Yum Soup was missing its salmon and halibut. I should have mentioned it sooner as I'm sure they'd have fixed the problem. After mentioning it at the end of our meal, the server happily adjusted our bill. My hubby had the Schooner Burger - he said it was the best hamburger he's had. Service was very attentive and friendly. We lucked out getting sun on the deck. Love Tofino!

Visited September 2012
Tofino, British Columbia, Canada
“Cozy west coast atmosphere that delivers top notch culinary delights with a superb casual flare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love food. I am not a food snob. I simply love food. I have been working on nuturing and expanding this love for the past 26 years through countless love affairs and break ups with food trends and new chefs. An honest result of 26 years of being involved hands on in the food and beverage industry.
Back to ..I love food. The tapas style dinner I enjoyed at the Schooner Restaurant tonight was the perfect combination of delicious culinary delights served in such a warm and inviting atmosphere. It is not pretentious or overdone. It felt like home. Would highly recommend this for family, friends, or a fun date.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When we looked at the menu posted outside the restaurant we were a bit hesitant to go in, but were so glad we did! The atmosphere was a very pleasant surprise, and the food was amazing! The waitress was very friendly and the food was plated with style, we loved this place!
The only down fall is that we wanted to have an early dinner before returning to the Hotel, and arrived at The Schooner at 4:45pm, but it doesn't open for dinner untill 5pm, so we had to wait a bit for the place to open. 15 min was not an inconvenience, we shopped a bit to pass the time and would go back here again any time!

Visited September 2012
Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada
“wouldn't recomend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

nice setting average food for fine dining prices, we were expecting more of a fine dining and felt over dressed

Visited August 2012

Travelers who viewed The Schooner Restaurant - The West Coast's Premier Seafood and Chop House also viewed

Tofino, Clayoquot Sound

Been to The Schooner Restaurant - The West Coast's Premier Seafood and Chop House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Schooner Restaurant - The West Coast's Premier Seafood and Chop House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.