“Good food but slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 43 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Sea Shanty will now be operated by the the original owners Lewis and Cathy George. We will be featuring the menu items people have loved for years ... Like the Richard Burger, Seafood Monte Cristo, Cedar Plank Salmon, Hot Salmon Salad and many more... The Shanty Crew will be happy to make you your Sea Shanty Favorites
Palermo, Italy
“Good food but slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great view, very romantic and good atmosphere inside. However the service is quite slow. Good food. We got salmon (well cooked), but the condiment was cold. Same issue with the beef. Did they use microwave to reheat? Maybe...
As dessert we had a banana with a chocolate cream! Delicious!!
Overall I think it's worthy having dinner here, also because the price is appropriate for what you eat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great view, ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wait staff were lovely but food was very mayo heavy!
Deck is restricted - no minors but I suspect the view would have been worth it.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Best steak ever at the Sea Shanty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am not a seafood person but the friend I was with wanted seafood. Both of us were pleased. I had the most excellent steak with fresh vegetables and a harbour view. Lovely evening.

Nanaimo, Canada
“Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is my second visit, lunch this time, dinner last time. Again it was a fall back mainly due to location and view because my favourite restaurant wasn't open for lunch. Three of us ate and the consensus seemed to be, average, nothing really wrong but nothing very good. Service was a bit slow although the dining room was pretty empty. The server was not very knowledgeable about the food and I felt like he was making it up a bit. It is a nice central location with a great of the harbour and all the comings and goings of the boats and planes

brooklyn
“Good food...maybe not perfect for young kids...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ended up here because we'd finished hiking for the day...drove into Tofino, parked the car, the kids were starving and this was the first place we saw.

What I liked...the food was delicious! I got crab...very good and my husband was very happy with his steak (all veggies good too). My little guy devoured his burger. Plus the wait staff was very good with our kids (even when they spilled water all over the table). I had an amazing view.

The two things that were not so great...they don't allow kids to sit outside (even though their railings are fully inclosed). And just on our part...probably better to go there with kids over the age of 3.

Visited July 2013
Margot B, Owner at Sea Shanty Restaurant, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your experience with us!

Due to the patio being designated as lounge seating, this unfortunately means that minors are not permitted on the licensed patio. However, the dining room still has an amazing view as you stated in your review and we're glad that your family enjoyed the food.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope that the food, view and service will be enough to bring you and your family back for another visit on your next trip to Tofino.

Regards,