“Smells bad, very unclean.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Breeze Motel

Pacific Breeze Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tofino
Pacific Breeze Motel
You added Pacific Breeze Motel to your Saves list
760 Campbell St, Tofino, British Columbia V0R 2Z0, Canada   |
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Tofino
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Smells bad, very unclean.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed one night as we were passing whilst travelling around the island and hadn't made any reservations ahead of our stay. The building and decor are in need of a lot of TLC, the first thing we noticed when we went in the room was the stench which most likely was from the fish and chip restaurant below but from the disgusting state of the room it could have been both. The bed covers had remnants of someone else's dinner on them as well as hair. The floors were filthy as was the bathroom. The only upsides were the owner seemed quite nice, there was quite a nice view over the junk in the yard to the sea however it was interrupted by other guests who had to walk past our window which had no nets or blinds so people can see straight into your room unless you have the curtains closed which kind of ruins the only good thing about the place. It's in a good location for visiting Tofino but I'd sooner stay in a different hotel nearby with advance booking. There is no Wifi as expected - the price is relatively cheap but don't expect much for the money you do pay. I most definitely wouldn't go there again, it was a relief to find a really nice place in Ucluelet afterwards and wash away any germs picked up in this motel.

Room Tip: Don't, there isn't a good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This place is worse than bad, I have never seen something so disgusting anywhere in the world
and I've been to Egypt. It even more disgusting that the District Of Tofino had not shut it down after many years of being a rat hotel filled with germs and fecal matter. This pile of rotting crap
turns on there vancancy sign when it gets dark and other hotels in Tofino fill up leaving it a last
chance, I booked a room 3 years ago after arriving late one night, went to the room and seen
the bed sheets dirty and unmade years of dead bugs and dust everywhere the worst of have ever seen by far, I phoned Visa and canceled the charge and drove back the way I came booking a room about 15 min. down the road. I also can not believe The District of Tofino still lets this place steal the visitors money, when I left I was sure it would be closed down, this is three years ago and by the posts i see they are still there. Now I turn left at the T and go to Ucluelet witch has turned out to be a great place for a ocean adventure.

Room Tip: go to Uculelet
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed here in 2007, because it was the only place in town with a vacancy. The front desk clerk was really rude. It was $90, and didn't look to be worth it, but we couldn't find camping and it was raining, so we took the room. I met a woman coming down the stairs, who raised her eyebrows at me and said, "Creeeepy..." which I didn't take as a good sign.

Our room was missing a window, which was covered by cardboard and duct tape. One lamp wouldn't turn on, and I realized why when I picked it up and noticed that someone had snipped off all but 5 inches of it's electrical cord. Guess it was just there for looks. The blanket on the bed was dirty and the sheets had black stains...looked like someone changed the oil with them. Blanket had cigarette burns (in a nonsmoking room). There was a crusty rag in the bedside table drawer. The smoke alarm was hanging off the ceiling and had no batteries.

Look, I camp out 9 months a year, because I work as a biologist. I live in the dirt. The dirt is cleaner than this hotel. I stripped the sheets and slept in my sleeping bag on a bare mattress.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel, or maybe if you have to stay, ask to see rooms so you can pick o...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Washington State
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My buddy Ron and Myself had just escaped near death on the water at midnight. ( Dont go boating during a midnight rainstorm in Tofino eh. You might hit something!) So we turned the boat around and tied up at the Crab dock. We had to find a place to stay. We went everywhere in town and saw nothing but NO VACANCY, except at one place. The Pacific Breeze. We pulled in, got the proprietor (wife beater tshirt and all) out of bed and haggled him down from the $ 90.00 that showed on the sign out front. We were just happy to get out of the rain. Then we opened the door to our room. YIKES!! is the nicest thing I can say. What a flea bitten dump! I was afraid to sleep in the bed so I got one of my wet sleeping bags and slept in it hoping that whatever may be lurking in this room wouldnt get me.

Ive driven by this place 100's of times the past 20 years and never stopped as my local friends told me not to as the proprietor supported the proposed logging of the Sound in the early '90's. Well now that we were staying there we did our own inspection of this dump. It is a rotting hulk of a place that would not allowed to be in business in any other town. Sleeping in the parking lot would be a better choice than paying to stay at this rotting hulk!

Just drive by this place and yell Nein out the window as you drive by.

-Arbutus

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Tofino, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We were traveling aroung on the island didnt have a reservation and were trying to save money so we stopped at the pacific breeze,we paid $65 ,the man running the place told us in advance that there was no tv but we were just looking for somwhere to sleep and shower anyway so not a problem ........untill we found our room. ( there wern't even numbers on the door) First thing we noticed was the smell!!!the carpet was filthy i looked in the bathroom there was a rusty curtain rod with a stained shower curtain and black mold all over the ceiling of the tub with my shoe on i flipped up the toilet seat with shoes on, to see number 1 and 2 all over the toilet we turned around walked back to the office and asked for our money back, he didnt even question why just went somwhere came back 5 min later with our money which he played a game trying to make my wife grab it out of his hand before he pulled it away like 5 times VERY CREAPY PLACE and owner or whatever he was.DO NOT GO THERE ESPECIALY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN!!!!!I have NEVER taken the time to write somthing online about somthing I didnt like in my life before now ,and ive had numerous reasons too, but had to this time!! we did find a sweet deal on a room at a native lodge very close to the ocean cant remeber name but it was the best !!!!its your last right before the end of the road in Tofino last building on your right at the bottom of the hill ,there is a resteraunt and a native art gallery there as well just ask around .Hottub on the deck over looking the ocean if your lucky you might see a whale swimming by early in the morning very friendly staff i will go there again!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I would never stay here again!! Dirty, Stinky, Rotten, Mold...... need I go on....
I`m glad I had my sleeping bag I`m sure that the sheets have been white at one point.....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ladysmith, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I have stayed at this motel three times and had three different experiences:
The first time I stayed in Tofino, my husband and I decided to stay at the Pacific Breeze because we heard it was cheap. The owner has a thick accent but jokes around alot and seemed nice. He showed us our room, which had a jacuzzi and the room was clean. We had a great time!
We were in Tofino on another occasion while my sister was visiting. This time there was no jacuzzi but the room, again, was clean and we had a great sleep.
Last night my husband and I wanted to try something different but we went to a few other motels and everything was taken. We went to the Pacific Breeze and this time it was as bad as everyone has described. We were told to jump into the room if the door wouldn't open. We DID have to do this, and then when I tried to lock the window I saw there was no lock. In the bathroom the "window" was a piece of cardboard. The bathtub had rust stains, there was hair and dead mosquitoes all over the floor, the bed cover was terribly stained, the lampshade was supposed to be white but was brown with dust, the carpet was disgusting. I left my shoes on because I didn't want to walk around in my bare feet, and we didn't brush our teeth because we didn't want to use the taps...We paid $100 cash.
I think that if you're not one of the last rooms taken, you will have a good experience here, but if you end up getting one of the "reject rooms" then you're in for a paranoid, uncomfortable sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!