“Overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We went to Tofino for one night and booked at this resort. It was clean but we were told we had an ocean view. For the price we paid for one night, we were expecting to be right on the ocean, however the cabin was set back behind other cabins. We were not impressed. There was no television or radio for entertainment. I do have to give credit to the clerk though as he offered me a 10% discount but only after I expressed my dissatisfaction.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've stayed at Ocean Village twice now and it is fast becoming one of our favourite places to visit. The cabins are quaint and cozy, and honestly one of my favourite parts is just the smell of cedar inside!

There's lot's to explore on MacKenzie Beach and the surrounding areas. You definitely won't run out of "Wow, this is beautiful" moments - it's impossible!

We shared a cabin with my girlfriends parents, them downstairs and us upstairs, so we made full use of the kitchen and it worked out great. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of extra bedding for keeping warm.

I guess one complaint would be that our upstairs heater made so much noise that I had to shut it off during the night as it kept waking me up. I cranked the heater in the bathroom to allow it to heat the whole room, only to have to hang my jeans over the hair dryer that had a light on it that you couldn't shut off! Haha, it all sounds quite silly now but I remember it making me a bit cranky at the time. The wifi also wasn't very good - but hey, you're in a cabin on the beach in one of the most beautiful places in the world! Get off your phone and enjoy it! ;)

Our cabin was not directly on the beach like some of the others, but we still had an amazing view of the beach and the sunset. I'm guessing that by design all the cabins have a great view. Either way, you're still just steps away from the beach - and you'll love exploring it, day or night. Speaking of night - bonfires are allowed, and many people choose to have them. If you don't want to partake in one, or you're worried about the noise, maybe choose a cabin a little further back from the beach. We could sort of hear people singing and having a good time as we tried to fall asleep, but eventually the sound of the crashing waves lulled us off to dreamland.

The staff are all very friendly, and everyone will give you a smile and hello when you see them around on the property. I also highly recommend buying their local "Sea Wench" shampoo and conditioner. They have it in the shower and I loved the smell so much we bought some. :)

Highest Recommendation to visit this slice of Heaven on Earth.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
nelson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My man and I stayed here with my dog for two nights and I wish we stayed longer .It was quaint and casual with a superb ocean and beach front views. We never heard a peep from the upstairs guests. I loved walking out the back door and onto the sand and so did my dog. it was minutes from fun surf and the front desk staff was super nice

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Banff National Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights here. The location is perfect and we very much enjoyed our unique accommodation. As we were exploring canada, it was nice to get away from the typical hotel or hostel experience. The cabin was spotless when we arrived. The only thing we disliked was the uncomfortable bed, it really was like a rock and we woke up a little sore in the mornings. And the wifi, which we were warned about by the staff, was patchy. Although wifi isn't a huge necessity in such a beautiful spot where activities are outdoors based, it is much less painful to check emails, etc when it takes 5 minutes rather than 20. Apart from that our stay was awesome and we would definitely go back if we get the chance!

Squamish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located on Mackenzie Beach, the Ocean Village Beach Resort offered us spectacular views of the ocean every morning and of the stunning sunset every evening. Close to surf breaks and to town, it was an ideal location. The cabins are cozy and well equipped. One downfall was the house keeping, the floors aren't swept daily nor or the beds made. Also of note is that wi-fi in the cabins can be spotty but with so many outdoor activities and sites to see this shouldn't be an issue! These things aside, the experience here was great. Super friendly and helpful staff right from the time of booking, through our stay and until checkout. The three night stay discount was an nice bonus! I would definitely recommend asking for a lower level unit nearest to the water as they have unobstructed views and are steps away from the beach. If you have a dog, this is a fantastic spot. The beach allows for off leash running and playing for your four-legged friend.

Room Tip: Lower level, beach side units or the single suite cabins off the best views and proximity to the oce...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Salmon Arm, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Great quiet location. Beautiful sunsets. Close to Tofino. No TV in room but that is fine with us. Had an upstairs studio which is perfect for a couple. Kitchenette is handy. Has very easy beach access and almost flat sandy beach. Looks very safe for kids and learning to surf or paddle board

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Perfect set up for me to take my teenage son and his mates out for a boys' weekend. I stayed upstairs in a lovely room, and they shared the downstairs and managed to do the teenage boy thing pretty much sight unseen. Right on the beach, friendly folks, well priced - and they even turned on great weather in November! Pool and hot tub a real bonus, especially after a cold surf. This place is one of Tofino's hidden gems. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Village Beach Resort? Share your experiences!