“Great Spot for Lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jack's Waterfront Pub

Jack's Waterfront Pub
634 Campbell, Tofino, British Columbia V0R 2Z0, Canada (Formerly Dockside Marine Pub)
250-725-3277
Dining options: Late Night
Victoria, BC
“Great Spot for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wow - Like others I can't believe the critical reviews. We enjoyed a very tasty lunch, a great local beer and a fabulous view of the busy marina and waterway, even on a gray rainy day. My only criticism is that the portions are huge - we could easily have split the excellent clubhouse (on cranberry bread -yum!) or delicious chicken ceasar wrap between two people. Both came with fries, however when I declined the fries I was offered a house side salad (w/beets & feta) that was so delicious I had to eat it all! The service was cheerful and prompt, prices are not cheap but still reasonable. The locals eat here - that says a lot!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

BC, Canada
“Yummy fish & chips on the harbour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great pub to grab a bite and enjoy a local pint! Service was super friendly and attentive. Fish and Chips were not overley greasy and they do a great job of yam fries!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“A GREAT lunch with a view to die for! what's wrong with you guys?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I read some of the reviews on here about Jack's and I can't believe what some people are saying, they just don't ring true.I'm from London England, I come every year to Tofino for some fishing and some surfing. Sometimes with my family and sometimes with my buddies (my wife is from Victoria) and let me tell ya since Jack's opened up my Tofino has opened up. The food is good and fresh. The Halibut burger is just fantastic, whats not to like? The place is friendly, the beer is local and great, the staff are a blast, the view is one of THE GREAT VIEWS IN THE WORLD FROM A PUB! and if you want a night out in Tofino stick around for the Karaoke, Its DEFINITELY the liveliest, friendliest place in town. I have to admit Tacofino's is great for Tacos and Shelter is definitely more well... romantic but if you want a great night out or a quick fresh honest to goodness lunch with a view and a beer (hell , you might even get a conversation!) Jack's or the greenroom diner is the way to go. I love this place, maybe you Canadians have a mountain and a lake at the end of every back yard to drink beer from but I sure as hell don't and I can't help but sit, sip and smile when I am here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Best halibut burger I have had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

In Tofino Jan 26-30. The town is partially closed for the season but did find about half the restaurants open. Lucked out and drove down the hill to Jack's. On the sign outside it said "Special for lunch fresh halibut burger". We were not disappointed. Best one yet, with an onion ring in the middle! You could tell the fish was caught fresh and cooked to perfection. It is a pub and overlooks the ocean and you can see the crab fishing boats coming in. Perfect location and will definitely go back again! Moosepoop.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome location and service, meh food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The nachos were great, let's get that out of the way. Really enjoyed them.

Other than that, the food was a failure. We ordered Tofino Tacos. These were genuinely disgusting. They cannot be compared to the incredible tacofino tacos. The main issues with the tacos are that they use bottled salsa instead of a fresh one and the major problem of overly oiled and heavily battered cod. The tacofino tacos are very light while still remaining crispy. After eating these babies you feel like you need to collapse because of how oily they are.

We also ordered the basil and pesto linguini, this was also poor.

• Visited December 2012