“The best accident ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Long Beach Lodge Resort

You added Long Beach Lodge Resort to your Saves list
Long Beach Lodge Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1441 Pacific Rim Highway | PO Box 897, Near Tofino, Tofino, British Columbia V0R 2Z0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Discover Surfing
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Tofino
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ocala, Florida
“The best accident ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2004

We made the drive from Campbell River where we had been fleased at one of those "Fishing Resorts". Our guide (an honest soul) had warned us, that rock cod, not the promised salmon was our best hope. We cancelled the rest of our plans there,left and desided Tofino, sounded interesting. Ariving around 4pm without any knoledge of the area we saw the sign and felt we should check it out. Now I understand why you antheim starts with O Canada. Friendly, Clean, Accomidating an the food was some of the best we have ever tried. We fell in love with the area and are planning on returning soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2004

Where do I begin.... The resort staff went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. I requested items upon my arrival and they were done on time. The resort is very clean and upscale. The great room is a great place to have pizza, play a game and enjoy the views and fireplace.
The rooms were superb and clean. We stayed in a ocean view room and it was incredible. the view from the bacolony was incredible and relaxing. We had the oportunity to witness a storm and the waves in the ocean were spectacular. The meals were great and delicious. We will go there again..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2004

We wanted to say that we had an amazing stay at Long Beach Lodge last week. We traveled with friends from Kelowna and were so proud to show them this island paradise - not only is Tofino breathtaking but we found the service, ambiance and caring attitude of the staff at Long Beach Lodge above the rest. We were concerned when we read previous reviews but we called ahead and discussed our concerns and were treated with respect - and the outcome was worth it..the resort lived up to the all the positive reviews listed below and we encourage you to call ahead if you are concerned..it is worth it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2004

This hotel has to be one of the most wonderful I have ever stayed at.
True it was my honeymoon - but the service, rooms and staff were wonderful. They even upgraded us to a full sea view and champagne it the room was a real treat. The great room is a lovely place to sit by the fire, eat pizza, drink wine and relax. We actually prefered eating here to eating in the restaurant. There was a bit if a fraccas one night - I think it was to do with the seats overlooking the bay! - but it was dealt with calmly and proffesionally by the staff, and felt completely out of character with the lodge. We ate at the Wikaninnish (sp?) which was great - but there was no lounge there which we thought was a bit of a missing The location is truly amzing - primordial would describe it best. I almost expected to see dinosaurs wandering out of the forest. One word of warning - watch out for the waves when stading on the logs.It's true they can be very dangerous as two sodden british honeymooners found out!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the LongBeach Lodge & Resort from 10/9-10/12. We were celebrating our third anniversary. After a long long ride from Seattle we were ready to settle in to a luxurious room and open a bottle of wine. I had booked one of the oceanside rooms on the advise of a friend who had stayed there recently. Upon check in we were told that "oh, you are 'lucky' you were given the regular rate instead of the 'holiday' rate" "Lucky?" When I am choosing to spend in excess of $350 for a hotel room I would think that they are the "lucky" ones. And, why would you mention that to the guest? Did they think I was going to offer to pay the holiday rate because I felt bac? My husband and I left the lobby area miffed but shrugged it off, perhaps it just wasn't her day.

On the way to Tofino we had experienced some car troubles and decided to cut our vacation short by one night. We were booked at a hotel in Vancouver and needed to call them to cancel the reservation. The room did not have phone book so I called the front desk to see if they had a phone book for the Vancouver, BC area. They told me they had one and that I could come and get it. I could come and get it????? Again, I am choosing to pay $350+ for a hotel room and I can come and get a phone book???? So, I went upstairs to the lobby to find that they were mistaken, they didn't actually have a Vancouver phone book, but, I could dial 411 (with a charge of course). That left a really bad taste in my mouth.

All that being said, the hotel is lovely. The food at the restaurant is delicious and the loft area is just delightful. My husband and I had a fantastic time beachcombing and hiking. We also had a fabulous meal at "Shelter", which I highly recommend.

Would I stay there again? Perhaps, if I knew that management had invested in some customer service training for their staff. Again, when I choose to pay $350 for a hotel room, I expect more than "Holiday Inn" type of service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2004

The overall experience was great. The staff served us well all the time and the setting was outstanding. If for a moment we were not looking at the ocean viewscape, we would likely have been observing the fine woodworking along with many different design features which are so impressive within the lodge. The use of Douglas fir of many different types throughout the lodge was the best I have ever seen. I recommend any of the waterfront view rooms in the lodge for a private, perfect setting. The ground floor rooms also seem to be great, especially for dog lovers.

This property is well kept and there is a little special touch to the way the staff treated us. We went in mid Jan having 10 degree temps and all different types of weather, where if you are warm it is incredible and worth the price (not cheap) to visit. The Tofino area in general has been steadily improving and now has a good varriety of excellent restraunts to pick from to add to the overall experience of the place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2003

My girl friend and I recently stayed at Long Beach Lodge and loved it! For surfers - you are right on the beach - and steps away from being in the water. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful, and there is a wonderful "great room" where you can sit, relax, watch amazing sunsets and chill. We stayed in a beach front room but there are also cottages with kitchens which we will choose next time. Food was great and overall we felt the Lodge provided great value - we had stayed at other places in Tofino like Middle Beach Lodge - and we feel Long Beach Lodge provides a way better experience over all - we highly recommend it.

Been to Long Beach Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!