“Amazing location and cozy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Long Beach Lodge Resort

You added Long Beach Lodge Resort to your Saves list
Long Beach Lodge Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1441 Pacific Rim Highway | PO Box 897, Near Tofino, Tofino, British Columbia V0R 2Z0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Discover Surfing
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Tofino
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Amazing location and cozy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The setting of the hotel is simply beautiful. STraight on a stunning beach and surrounded by nothing but nature. Me and my bf were simply amazed.
The hotel in itself is also really nice. The rooms are very clean and quite big. Ours had a fireplace and it was really cozy. The bathroom had a double bathtub - very nice.
The included breakfast was also very nice even though as a vegetarian I was lacking options to put on sandwiches.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay at the Long Beach Lodge Resort.
Nevertheless I want to also mention the more negative sides:
-The hotel starts to get old - this becomes visible in the rooms with furniture starting to look a bit rough. I guess they will soon be doing some renovations.
-On our first night we ordered room service. The service in itself worked very well but the food was not great at all and way to expensive for what it was. We had a burger which was very small and the meat was mediocre and some pasta dish that was too salted and at best lukewarm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your visit. We are doing some major upgrades to the hotel and rooms this winter, including room furniture and new bathroom showers.

Tim Hackett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I took my husband (and our new puppy) here for his 50th birthday as he wanted to 'Get away from it all" for his big day. We had a lovely trip. The LBL was a really good place to go for our 1st Pet Friendly vacation. The views were spectacular, the weather amazing. Only regret was that we did not make it to the hot tub. too busy trying to fit everything into our 3 day visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I am delighted you had a wonderful visit to celebrate your husband's birthday. Now that your puppy has had a taste of the Lodge and beach, I hope you realize that your pup will expect to be along on any future visits! October is a wonderful time in Tofino, we often get this beautiful weather and lovely sunsets.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this as I am sitting in my upgraded room.
To no fault to this resort I found those above me on the nosiy side. I am very sensitive to noise. When I brougth this up with the staff they went beyound what can be expected when there is limited availabilty and put me in
a beautiful and quit room. For those that service is number one you can count on this resort. I give this resort a five star.

All the above is in addition to the beautiful scenery and enviroment of the Long Beach Lodge Resort.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad that we were able to fine you a quite room, sorry for the inconvenience. Our mission is to do whatever it takes to ensure our valved guests have an enjoyable, stress free visit.

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Beautiful modern upscale lodge, ocean front lounge and restaurant. 2 parties in our family group of 4 with 2 rooms in the main lodge. 309 is a wonderful ocean front king studio suite - one large room with fireplace, sofa and chairs, ocean view balcony, small refrigerator and separate lovely bathroom , soaking tub and view. 307 is a very nice king room - fireplace, ocean view balcony, 2 chairs, small refrig and bath with soaking tub. Umbrellas, rain jackets, robes, safes provided in each room. Beds were extremely comfortable; decor was modern lodge style. The spa area was nice with an outdoor hot tub. We could easily stay here a week. Guests were free to linger in the lounge area around the large fireplace with sofas and chairs to read and relax during the day. Sipping fine wine was always an option!

Lodge was a lovely mix of international guests that appreciate the outdoors with very comfortable accommodations. This is truly a special location on the Pacific Ocean. Watching the surfers and taking beach walks made for perfect days - even in stormy weather. The Lodge has a marine adventure boat trip with Josh that shouldn't be missed. We saw gray whales, sea lions, seals, otters, eagles. Josh is a lodge treasure.

The staff continually exceeded our expectations with every interaction. Jennifer was a very gracious front desk receptionist and also helped us book the right rooms when we called.

I checked out the 2 bedroom 2 bath duplex cottages - and they were also very nice with a hot tub for the unit with private garden views - no ocean views. Good kitchen and living room for 4 people. Quick walk to the ocean beach. We would love to stay in these also with family.

I'll post a restaurant review also.

Room Tip: Ocean view lodge rooms are wonderful, no matter what floor. Cottages have a "woodsy" view...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. I am glad you experienced the beautiful weather and gorgeous sunsets. Our company mission is to always try to exceed guests expectations and I am glad we have. Jennifer is so welcoming and helpful and Josh is the best at what he does, both are very valved members of our team. You are quite right, everyone should take the Marine Adventure, it is a different world out there! We look forward to your next visit, maybe in a cottage.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I travelled to Tofino and loved the Longbeach Resort's "Solo" package offered. Not only did I get an excellent rate for my large room, it included an excellent breakfast! Delicious gluten free protein bars were even offered. From every inch of the beautiful dining area you have a view of the ocean and it's surfers from morning until night. Food was delicious and I loved that the wait staff didn't rush me, allowing me all the time I wanted to eat, read and enjoy the surrounding beauty. The mattress was wonderful also!
Definitely an A++!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. The Solo Package was introduced last year and has proven very popular with single travels. I trust the Chef has sent along the recipe you had asked for. We will look forward to your next visit.

West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just returned from having spent 5 nights at Long Beach Lodge. I've stayed in their cabins before when I've travelled with family and have thoroughly enjoyed it. This time was my first time going alone and I'm happy to say that it did not disappoint! They had a promotion for solo travellers which made it much more affordable. I stayed in the lodge and it proved to be a very comfortable place for a solo guest to relax, read books and go for beach walks. The staff is outstanding and a positive energy fills the place. I hope to do this again next year if they continue offering solo promotions.

Room Tip: Room 315 was perfect - full ocean view and very quiet since it's on the top floor and at the end...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your five night visit. The staff will appreciate your positive comments, we all love what they do! We will be offering the same solo package next year.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to Long Beach Lodge very much. Lovely setting and comfortable rooms. We dined as well and enjoyed our meals - only comment would be on the rather pricy wine list; more reasonable options would be welcome. One thing that struck us as very strange was that as we rose from dinner to go to the lounge at 9.15 pm to have a nightcap in front of the fireplace, the staff had allowed the lovely log fire to die, We did not stay and when we queried the chap behind the bar he replied very strangely: "oh has the fire gone out?" Not what one would expect in an establishment like this. Still overall we had a grand experience.

Room Tip: Obviously if you can afford the premium you want an ocean view room in the main lodge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, I am happy you enjoyed your visit. The sunsets were wonderful all week-end. I too, had to remind staff to keep the fire going. We just started to light the fire again, for the fall/winter season and I think staff may forget to add wood them they are busy. I will remind how important it is to keep the fire crackling.

Tim Hackett

Been to Long Beach Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!