“Panko-crusted fish!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Panko-crusted fish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had planned to pick up takeout, but the food that came out of the kitchen looked so good that we decided to sit down right there and eat it. We had salmon fish and chips, and the cod club burger.

The fish in both cases was very fresh and crispy panko-crusted, which was a fantastic change from the usual heavily battered fried fish. The chips were done nicely, and the house-made apple coleslaw was also a refreshing change of pace from soggy commercial slaw. It felt a little pricey ($12 for one piece of fish and chips), but I totally appreciated the touches that set it apart from most other food-counter fish and chip meals. And we certainly didn't leave hungry. The cod club burger contained shrimp and quality bacon, and while a little messy to eat, there were no crumbs left for the crows.

I will definitely return next time we are camping at Green Point. It's a convenient stop off the highway just outside of Tofino, with takeout or casual outdoor seating. FYI, I had no need for them, but I didn't notice any washroom facilities in the complex.

Also, the service was extremely friendly and the staff seemed to be having a ball working together. That was nice to see!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada
“Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My daughter had a hair appointment at a neighbouring business and I thought I would try out the Wildside Grill. Basically an outside eatery with informal seating and I had the breakfast tacos.
The flavors in this delectable delight were amazing- fresh vibrant salsa. When I head for Tofino for business or otherwise I make a bee line for the "Grill" and it was just so damn good I do not even think of trying anything else. I think it was $7.50. In my many returns the kids have tried an assortment of treats off the menu and are quite happy with their choice also. I think they have a second location in Tofino

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minden, Canada
“Why cook?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Quick, easy and most important .... tasty. Recommend the wild salmon burger with side green salad or oyster burger with side green salad or anything that suits your fancy. It is all good.
Thanks for putting our Chocolate Tofino ice cream in your freezer for us. Wildside Grill and Chocolate Tofino ice cream, great meal! Only made better by taking it North Chesterman Beach for a picnic.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, Canada
“Great salmon fish & chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Two of us shared 1 order of salmon fish (2 pieces) & chips. It was delicious. Plenty of food for 2. Coating on the fish was light. Meal came with yummy tartar sauce and a lemon wedge. Enjoyed the fries too. Service was quick and friendly. We didn't find it to be too pricey. We took the food back to our hotel. Worked out perfectly for us. Hope to return sometime. Definitely recommend.

Tofino, Canada
“THESE Fish Tacos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Best fish tacos I've ever had! If someone asked me whats the best thing I've ever eaten.. I would tell them FISH TACOS FROM WILDSIDE!

• Visited April 2013