“Awesome place for a tired body!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 48 Activities in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the stunning west coast of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, the Sacred Stone is beautiful Tofino’s premiere, boutique spa. Using a holistic approach, we offer a diverse roster of bodywork including Deep Tissue, Hot Stone Massage and Facials. Both registered massage therapy (BC RMT) and our couples treatment room are available upon request. We specialise in international styles of massage such as Ayurveda, Thai and Shiatsu. Our body-workers are gifted healers. We are fortunate to have such wonderful colleagues and are confident you’ll benefit from their talents. We accommodate people of all ages and welcome pregnant mothers. Experience expert massage and feel welcome at the Sacred Stone Spa on Tofino’s waterfront (4 treatment rooms).
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
“Awesome place for a tired body!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I have now been to Sacred Stone at least a handful of times. I have also been for massages at Ancient Cedars. Both places have amazing top shelf therapists, and as much as I love the ancient cedars setting, but if I want a therapeutic massage Sacred Stone can't be beat in terms of quality and value! It's always peaceful and relaxing in their place tucked away on Main Street and I must say I have had massages all over the world in various top spas and Sacred Stone is right up there with the best of the best. I have had a different therapist every time and each one has been thorough and extremely skilled. I can't say I have found a place with this consistency at home or anywhere else really. I have lots of back issues and I always walk out of Sacred Stone feeling amazing! I saw Karen today and you should go see her ASAP, I promise you will thank me!

Pemberton, Canada
“Relaxing start to our vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I visited the spa on the first day of our vacation in Tofino.

We enjoyed a couples massage (although mine was a little different as I had an RMT) which really helped us to relax / ease away the aches and pains and start our vacation off well.

Would highly recommend to everyone and it will definitely be my first stop next time I am in Tofino.

Visited November 2012
Chelsea, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Spa Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The wife and I had a couples massage, taking advantage of a special they were running. We got very professional service, no shortcuts, artists who were very good at what they did. Both my wife and I were supremely happy with our 90-minute massages.

Visited September 2012
Santa Monica, California
3 attraction reviews
“Good spa for a more accessible price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

A little bit about me and my perspective - I have been going to the Ancient Cedars Spa (ACS) for over 10 years and I, much like other reviewers here, wanted to try something a bit less expensive. To be frank - SSS and ACS should be used for different reasons - go for the splurge at ACS if you haven't done so - it's incredible! Seriously one of the best in the world. However, SSS offered a wonderful alternative if you don't have the ability to splurge in that way.

I had a lovely treatment with Jessie yesterday - I had a 60 minute massage + 30 minute facial. Overall, the experience was great - Jessie had a wonderful energy about her: she was very attuned to my needs and to integrating breathing into the session, which I really enjoyed.

The major thing that you forgo here though is the gentle lead-in to your treatment. What I mean by this is that there isn't a place to truly prepare yourself to let go. Sure, they offer you a tea or water in the reception area, but there isn't a steam room or foot soaker. This isn't a bad thing, just something to be aware of! I knew this in advance and took a nice bath at my place before heading over.

All in all, a good experience that was made better by reasonable prices and a lovely therapist.

Visited August 2012
rocksandsand, General Manager at Sacred Stone Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your realistic review by clearly appreciating and distinguishing our offerings.
baltimore
16 attraction reviews
“First class, great massage therapists, and you pay for what you get.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by how talented and well-trained our therapistss were (we had side-by-side massages, a great thing to do). Both were quiet during their excellent work, making sure what we preferred on the spectrum of mild to deep tissue work, both very able to find stuck muscles and work them out. However, you pay dearly for this lovely spa by the sea, and should be prepared for that fact in advance.

Visited July 2012