“great entertainment” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are passionate about serving delicious, wholesome food prepared from scratch. Our cafe is located in the heritage cottage next to Mouat’s in the heart of Ganges village on beautiful Salt Spring Island. We are a one of a kind restaurant and music venue with live music under the stars every night of the summer featuring some of the best live music you will hear anywhere.
Vancouver
“great entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I really liked this place, they had wonderful music every night and it was a very friendly place to chat with other people, local and travelers. On the down side, the food was very mediocre and expensive for what you got. I went 3 nights in a row, tried a lot of different things and found it the same...just ok food. But the ambiance and vibe of the place make up for it.

Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
“unique locale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

we ate lunch in this café which wraps around a large tree. the food and service were great. I had a huge salad which kept me full til dinnertime.

Visited September 2013
Port Barrington, IL
“Unbelievable food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife & I stayed at a nearby high end inn for 3 nights, which only served breakfast and dinner. We arrived late in the afternoon and decided to have dinner there. The bill came to just under $400 for the 2 of us. Yeah, my reaction too. We went exploring in town the next day, and stopped at the Treehouse Cafe for lunch. The food was fantastic! My wife had some type of salad with salmon in it, and she absolutely raved about it (and she doesn't particularly care for salmon!). I had a cranberry chicken sandwich which was just as amazing! The servers were just as great. We liked the place so much we went back there for dinner that evening and lunch the following day. The food at the inn, although good, was just blown away by the meals at this local cafe for a fraction of the price! In fact, we spent 10 days throughout Salt Spring Island & Vancouver Island, and my wife & I both agreed this was the most memorable meals we had. I highly recommend stopping in!

Vancouver, Canada
“Best Breakfast on Salt Spring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Breakfast at the Tree-House is a must whenever we're on Salt Spring. Great coffee and fantastic food - just what you need to charge your batteries for a day of fun on the island. Plus - when was the last time you were surprised by how quickly your order came to your table? It's happened to us here more than once - despite the cafe being standing-room-only. What more could you ask for?

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We really wanted a good coffee and were not disappointed by the lattes here. Lunch the next day was delicious and locally sourced. Our dining companions ate veggie and gluten-free choices that also looked delish.