“Well-preserved secret place, with nice facilities and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Spring Island
Cedar Beach Resort
You added Cedar Beach Resort to your Saves list
1136 North End Road, British Columbia V8K 1M1, Canada   |
Victoria, Canada
“Well-preserved secret place, with nice facilities and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

This summer we have stay three times at the Cedar Beach Resort. The first time, my wife and I, for few days in the campground section, we had the chance to enjoy the pool, the Hot Tub and the canoe on the lake. The second time, with some of our family members, for one night in one of there renting cabins, we were all impress about the cleanliness and the set-up of this beautiful cabin, we really appreciate having diner together on the balcony after our afternoon canoe expedition. The third time, my wife and I, for a week in the campground section, this time, just for relaxing and enjoying the place. We think this a well-preserved secret place, with nice facilities and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this site for 3 nights in a tent. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole trip! It's a very family oriented place, so only go if you don't mind kids. We took the little rowboat out twice (which was completely free!), and the lake was absolutely gorgeous. We were lucky enough to have one of the biggest sites, (number 19), so we were happy to have lots of privacy. Our site had power hookups and a tap as well for clean water, so you don't have to worry about transporting it. The washrooms and showers were clean and very well kept, they cleaned it regularly. For my boyfriend, it was his first time camping ever, and he just loved it. We will definitely be going back.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Hosts: excellent
Site: Very good - could have more space between RV sites
Problems: Washrooms/showers - in order for this place to justify the $50 per site, it should provide facilities that are excellent condition which means spotlessly clean.

Unfortunately, this was not the case - Should this be rectified, this would be a highly desirable location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
cedarbeach111, Manager at Cedar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Cedar Beach Resort is under new management. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments in regards to the cleanliness of the facilities. This has been addressed. We do hope that you have another opportunity to stay with us. Thanks.
Oak Ridge, AB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

It's amazing what places can do with the Internet!. The place looked great on the "Net- but of course there were no pictures of the campground or cabins. The Campground was very sparse and basic - all (3) campers were squished together away from the owner's house. When we went in at night (9:00pm), no-one answered the door (although we saw them in their living-room). While the whole island was not very RV friendly, we've never been ignored like that before. Don't believe everything you see (or read) on the Internet, particularly re this place!!! (P.S. - I've never been motivated to write a negative review before, until this place. Keep that in mind when you read/book this place).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cedar Beach Resort has changed managment as of last fall. We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments in regards to your stay last year. It's really beneficial to be informed of past guest's experiences and opininions of the facilities while staying at the Resort. Changes are happening and we do hope that you might stop in next time you are on the Island. Thanks!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

we spent a weekend at the resort and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. we stayed in cabin 2 which was well equipped and had a full kitchen and great view of the lake. our teenage girls enjoyed the lake and the pool/hot tub. I would recommend cedar beach resort and saltspring as great family getaway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I am not happy with my 2010 stay my wife and two kids stayed here for a couple nights in 2007 decided to come back on our holidays we were excited to finally get here from leduc Alberta set up camp and met our Nabors who were very nice we had a fire right till eleven cause the rule stated fires 7 till 11 then went to bed with the kids in the morning around 8 30 I got up started making breakfast for the kids it was also cold so I started a small fire in our pit to warm up to after an hour I was relaxing in my chair fire was out by then just a little smoke then the manager Steve snuck up and scared me I said " hi Steve how are you doing " he said " I'm pissed right off " I was thrown off thought he was coming to chat and vent about something someone did around the campsite he was giving me [--] for the fire apperantly fires are only allowed 7 pm to 11 am I missread and thought it was 7 am to 11 pm he was very ignorant about it then asked if I was up with a camp fire till midnight partying and being loud I told him no we had our kids in bed at 11 on the money and we did not here anyone around us either he then looked at our little garbage can that was half full from making breakfast and told me to go empty it he got me so mad at the way he approached our family it put me in a horible mood and ruined my stay I work so hard all year for a small vacation and can't get over that, I will not come back again!!!! Very pissed off

• Stayed July 2010
Hello ...........Cedar Beach Resort changed over management last fall.......and it's important to us to know our past guest's experiences. So...thank you for your comments. We are working towards addressing all of the comments regarding the facilities and even more so the comments regarding situations that arose. Our intent is that the resort is a comfortable, relaxing enviroment for all of our guests! We do hope that you might consider staying with us another time.
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

We had an amazing time at Cedar Beach Resort! Our family made our way over to Saltspring for a 3 day weekend with our 2 pre-school aged children. This is an amazing family spot on Saltspring Island. The resort is on St.Mary's Lake -- about 10 mins from Ganges shopping area.

Our cabin is elegantly rustic. The cabins are very well equipped with small fully functional kitchens, sitting area, and our cabin had 2 bedrooms. The master had a King bed, and the 2nd bedroom had bunk beds for the kids (The top bunk had a good guard rail so I felt pretty safe with our 4-year old up there). The cabin we were in, and the others from outside appearances, are all very well maintained and very clean.

There were also RV sites at the top of the resort, mostly empty in early May.

The resort is right on St. Mary’s Lake with a beach and a dock. The lake was a little cold being so early in the season, but the kids played for hours on the beach and played freely in the water until we had to take them up to the cabin to warm them up.

While you're on Saltspring, check out the Saturday market at Ganges...it is great, particularly the fresh bakery items....
Crabs from the dock are also pretty inexpensive as far as crab goes, and we had a great local lamb roast another night.

Overall, this is a great spot, and we'll be returning soon.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Cedar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!