“not sure about coming back” 3 of 5 stars

You added Seabreeze Inne to your Saves list
Seabreeze Inne
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   101 Bittancourt Rd., British Columbia V8K 2K2, Canada   |
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“not sure about coming back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

On our first night we dealt with loud people next to us...they were going to attend a wedding and therefore thought it was ok to have loud music playing and laughing loudly until about 1:00 am....long after quiet hours came into effect. Not the way to behave in a motel....go rent a cabin. The next morning my husband went to talk to the owner. He was very apologetic and said that he had considered calling the police that night (there were others from that group who were down by the fire pit being loud until the early morning hours). He gave us an upgrade to a deluxe room for the second night and took 15% off our bill. He helped us move our stuff to the different room & helped us with our stuff the next morning when we left. Very nice man. The continental breakfast was decent...good variety of food...filled me up. I'm glad that we originally didn't book a deluxe room (upper level) with an ocean view because the ocean was about 1 km. away and we don't consider that to be an ocean view. The location was quiet being just out of the town center, but nowhere near within walking distance like some people have said....especially if you have any health issues and walking is a problem for you....from town center back to the motel it's all up hill. The room cleanliness & continental breakfast would give the motel a better rating of 4/5. We'd have to really think hard about staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My second stay in this delightful hotel has again,exceeded my expectations.Hospitable staff, clean rooms and above all a most welcoming and cordial manager,Mr.Satish. Kudos to him and all his staff for maintaining the high standards that I have come to expect from this beautiful resort inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Port Alberni, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Loved it! The fellow at the front desk is awesome - super nice and helpful. Great vibe. The room was very clean. Can't wait to enjoy the hot tub and watch the storm The location is within walking distance to shopping in Ganges, which is very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013
Salt Spring Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times. The owner/manager is an amazing man...kind and helpful. This is truly a fantastic place to stay.
The housekeeping staff go over and above their call of duty.
The view is great..out door hot tub, fire pits...BBQ's...
Loved it here
I'll be back !@!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Port Ludlow, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have a cabin on SSI, only trouble is no heat(electricity, water etc.) They were extremely nice to us allowing us to check in at 8:30am, cold and wet.
This is the second time we have stayed there under similar circumstances. They rooms are always great and they are very helpful to us!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Salt Spring Island is most adorable. We stayed at the Seabreeze in August 2013. It was a fairly last moment decision to visit Salt Spring on our motorcycle road trip.

We called them before boarding the ferry & reserved a room with 2 queen beds. The hotel is located a short walk (down a big hill) from the town. When we arrived we received a warm & friendly greeting & were shown to our room. The room was in very good condition & very clean. The beds were oh-so-comfy. Breakfast was included in the price & was just what we need to start the day. There is a large hot tub, which we didn't have time to try out. Wi-fi worked well.

I would most certainly recommend the hotel to friends & family. We would stay there again if we went back to Salt Spring Island. Thanks again to the wonderful management of the hotel, your warm welcome was much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

After reading the reviews below, I am shocked by what I have read because I had a very different experience. We paid $179 CAD for a 2 bed with kitchenette, which ordinarily would seem expected on the Friday of the Labor Day weekend on Salt Spring. However, after arrival and after paying prior to seeing the room (which seemed fishy and I kick myself for not insisting on seeing the room first), I was less than pleased. Upon opening the door, the overcompensation of perfumed air freshener gave me an instant headache. With only one window, it was impossible to get rid of the scent, and after closer inspection, found out that it was likely to cover a pet smell. I moved the dresser over a couple inches to see the tv better and found a thick layer of dust with old dog toys underneath.

On closer inspection of the bedding, the stains on the mattress could be seen through the thin sheets and the pillows were stained ++. Thank goodness most pillows had 2 cases on them so I could mostly forget about them while trying to fall asleep. We were put on the bottom floor and the noise above us carried as if they were in the same room. The walls were dirty and ragged and the room is definitely in need of an upgrade. I love hot tubs but refuse to even go in it for fear it hasn't been clean appropriately based on what I had seen in the room.

I give this hotel a poor rating only because the price is not what you pay for. Had I paid $75 for this room, I would not be writing this review. This hotel has so much potential as the grounds are nice and the view is quite stunning; but until they upgrade it to match the prices charged, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seabreeze Inne? Share your experiences!