“G.F is a good camping destination” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Faire Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Spring Island
Garden Faire Campground
You added Garden Faire Campground to your Saves list
305 Rainbow Road, British Columbia V8K 2M3, Canada   |
Courtenay
“G.F is a good camping destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

On the August long weekend I camped with my family here. The sites and grounds are well maintained and the owner Shirley and host Andre were really helpful, welcoming and dealt with quiet after 10. Pet friendly. Each site is different, some are tucked up in the forest with tent site, adirondack chairs and stump tables. Others have large wooden tables and benches for family meals and the tent sites set in the trees, others are a bit more open - good for travel in groups. All have fire pits. Totally walk-in for tent sites which reduced a lot of noise and exhaust! Also few bugs and no animals so we left coolers and tubs out.
The outdoor shower is fantastic (hot and cold water) and 2 pit toilets were clean. Bonus to have the Mouat trail connect to the campsites for a lovely walk to Ganges, access to frisbee golf and more trails. Very cool....only some traffic noise from the road and I think harbour air. The evening visit from the owls was amazing.
Note: get a BC Ferries Experience card at any ferry terminal for 40% discount on all inter-island travel (foot/bike or car/trailer) You can re-load it on line too. Also if you take the Fulford Harbour ferry back to Vancouver through Victoria get the $9.18 ticket from the ferry waiting room ticket machine... you get 1/2 price Victoria to Vancouver plus your $9.18 back in Swartz Bay.

Room Tip: 4, 8, 7 12, 13 and T most tucked away, K, 9, 10 and 11 have big tables. Small trailer sites too.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

It is my understanding that a successful business thrives on customers that are both respectful and rule-abiding. After having spending one night in Garden Faire (I should also mention that this was our first trip to Salt Spring Island), paying for two nights, and spending most of the second day enjoying ourselves on the beach and seeing the town; we returned to our campsite that afternoon with a note telling us that the owner had received complaints and we had to leave. We had had a quiet evening the night before, gone to bed early, and had our fire out at the appropriate time. The complaint in question was that we had "bad-mouthed" another camper, when we had no interaction with anyone at the campsite, nor talked about anyone else at the campsite (there were only two other tents set up at the time, anyways!). To further our shock about the situation, the owner was no where to be seen during our stay, so we were never given a proper explanation as to why we were being told to leave. We were then stuck having to rush in order to make the last ferry. I guess if you have tattoos you obviously must be trouble, and will not be welcomed at this campground. Good luck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights at this wonderful campgound and we would stay here again. Everything you read about it in the other reviews conveys some of what we experienced. This is not a place for larger RVs but if you have a tent trailer (we did), camper, camper van and especially if you have a tent this is the right spot. The many secluded tent sites would be great for bicycle tourers. Easy walking distance to Ganges and the market on either a forest trail or along the road. Bring lots of loonies for the shower because you'll want to linger - very cool.

Room Tip: There are no "bad" sites here. Just leave one for me please!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was an awesome experience, even through all the rain. It was like sleeping in an Enchanted Forest. You definately have to love being one with Nature with all the wildlife that comes alive around bedtime, but quiets down eventually. I loved the outdoor shower,,,,,for anyone who has never showered with the birdies, this is the ultimate experience. So I challenge all you home-bodies to check out this campsite and let your senses feel what Nature can do for the soul......

Room Tip: Definately some sites will have more privacy than others and you can check out their map, but if you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

It was my birthday this week, so I went to back Garden Faire on Salt Spring Island (this was my second time there). They gave me a card and a pair of freshly baked scones for me and my partner. So thoughtful!

This campground is just one kilometer out of Ganges, so it's very convenient for walking or biking. I love that all the sites are a bit different -- from the large RV sites to the little tent sites nestled in the forest.

If you go, do what I did and shower at the pool across the street, as it does offer more privacy than the tree shower they offer.

I've had a really great experience both times I went -- last fall and this May long weekend. It's where I'll stay again next time I'm on Salt Spring.

Nadia Lewis

Room Tip: Choose a site farther into the forest -- it's more of an adventure that way!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Such a great location, only a few minutes from town on a wonderful trail. The campground itself is in a stunningly beautiful "old growth" forest. It just doesn't get better !! Much more comfortable than the usual sterile organized campgrounds. The hosts are very friendly and helpful and look after every need. I will definately stay here again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We drove through the site with our very small 18' trailer, and it was a bumpy, tight fit at best. There is really only one "rv" site and it would have barely fit our little trailer.

Though the sites looks beautiful, and would be great for tenting, if you have an RV/trailer, definitely look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Garden Faire Campground? Share your experiences!