“Good food, some tiny portions” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 189 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: North 54 Restaurant in Prince George BC Canada is locally owned and operated, serving the local community and all travellers. We proudly serve local fresh inspired cuisine from homemade pasta to a wide selections of salads and appetizers. Our steaks , lamb veal, duck and seafood selection is a must and to finish our in house sweet tasty desserts! our wine cellar is completed with large BC selection as well as international! we continue to grow with love for fresh inspiring food !
Prince George, Canada
“Good food, some tiny portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were celebrating our birthdays, so dined at North 54 for lunch. The food is excellent, if a little overpriced. I would, however, like to make a comment about one dish in particular. I ordered the crab and shrimp melt sandwich which came with a small salad. When it arrived, I was quite taken aback. The entire "sandwich" consisted of half a roll about 6 inches in diameter. The small amount of crab and shrimp provided was tasty, but why would you have the nerve to charge $16 for such a tiny portion? If it is too costly to provide a decent portion, take it off the menu. I left hungry and really angry. Let me tell you folks, I have eaten at lots of very expensive restaurants over the years, and I have never felt so ripped off. I did not want to cause a scene, so said nothing at the time. Thanks for taking such good care of your customers. Guess we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best in PG”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I and my wife have eaten here many times, most recently last week. Since Winston's closed this is by far the best restaurant in town. The food is excellent and the service very good. We like hte decor to a point but would argue that it is not 'romantic' enough. It is not really possible to have a quiet dinner for two. Also, I have hated the chairs from the get go. They are very uncomfortable. Overall though, i recommend this restaurant highly.
On another note, several months ago my family held my birthday party here. There were 15 of us and the restaurant handled us superbly in the nice private room they have. Well done and thank you.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The worst service I've ever had in my life. I went to North 54 for my birthday dinner with about 7 others. A few were running a little behind, and the older lady who was serving us (I think she is a manager) seemed concerned that we were not all there at the same time, as the reso had been made for 7-10 people. She was curt from the very beginning, and then it went downhill. When the rest of our group arrived, she did not even come by to take their drink order, we had to ask her as she walked by, and she was very rude in her behavior toward us. When we finally got to order our appetizers and entrees, we had a long wait, and when the appy's arrived my escargot was cold, and so was my friend's. No exaggeration, completely cold. I would have asked for a new one, but our server didn't bother to check on us. She never asked if we wanted other drinks, we had to ask her for them, and she acted as though it was a huge inconvenience, and when the entrees were dropped off, she was nowhere to be found. The food was lackluster, the wine overpriced. The whole night was a disappointment, and a terrible way to spend my birthday. I will never be dining there again.

Visited July 2013
Prince George, Canada
“Best restaurant in Prince George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We frequent this restaurant approximately once every two weeks. We have always had fantastic service from the friendly staff as well as an excellent, creative menu. If you are looking for a high end establishment for a business meeting or for a special date, this is the place. The prices are NOT excessive and represent the quality of food you will be served.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious and fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Best meal we have had in PG for some time. We were very impressed with the food quality and freshness, as well as the position size was quite impressive.
Bravo to North 54, and we will be back again and again!

• Visited December 2013