“Great people, great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grateful Bed B'n'B

The Grateful Bed B'n'B
You added The Grateful Bed B'n'B to your Saves list
The Grateful Bed B'n'B
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   157 McKinley Cr., Prince George, British Columbia V2M 4S3, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 20 Prince George B&B and Inns
Lions Bay BC
“Great people, great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

My wife and I had never been to Prince George before, and I thought we would stay in a hotel, but I'm glad we chose to stay at the Grateful Bed & Breakfast. Our hosts, Tom and Joyce, made us feel right at home from the moment we got there. Everything was taken care of and not one detail was left out. The amenities were first class, including multiple tv's, a great bedroom, luxurious robes, hot tub, fridge, coffee maker, etc. One night I wanted to watch an NHL Stanley Cup game in the guest lounge and my wife had her own tv in the bedroom to watch a movie - of which there was a great collection for guest viewing (no movie charges!) I almost forgot about the breakfasts which were more than we expected, and very accomodating to our different palates. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone wishing to stay a night or more in Prince George. We would definitely go back again.

• Liked — They made us feel right at home and very comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

This is a great B&B! Do not hesitate to book a stay at The Grateful Bed. I loved everything about this B&B - the house, the lovely garden, the great cooking... and especially - the terrific hosts!

Joyce and Ted were super-friendly and helpful. They made sure I was very comfortable and well-fed... even gave me lots of info about the city and places to see, etc.

I would definitely stay at The Grateful Bed again, and I heartily recommend it!

• Liked — The friendly hosts
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leicester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

After the long (& late) slog from Pr Rupert is there a better welcome around in Pr George? I doubt it. Excellent hosts Ted & Joyce were very helpful and made me feel right at home even though I arrived late at night and left early the next morning. Possibly the most comfortable bed I stayed in anywhere from Tierra del Fuego to Toronto!

• Liked — Comfort
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

I was passing through town and needed a place to stay at the last minute - luckily, Grateful Bed saved the day! What great hospitality!!! I felt welcomed the moment I stepped in the door and I just knew right away that I had made the right decision in staying at this homey BnB. I had a very restful sleep (even better than at home! :)) and Joyce provided a fabulous breakfast! I wish I didn't have to catch the train that morning, as I would have really enjoyed extending my stay. Ted was also very friendly and took me and my friend (who I shared the room with) to the train station. A great stay, and if I ever find myself passing through town, I will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Hospitality, cleanliness and food!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2006
italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

hi everybody,

nice place to stay.
they pick up you at the train station )or wherever), and viceversa.
quiet and not that big house, nice family (the couple and ine small man ;) ).

definitly good, with a great breakfast.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

My sister and I were on a long drive from Anchorage, Alaska to Wisconsin via Canada. The name caught my eye and email contact with the owners confirned the choice. Host Ted answered my inquiry immediately and with a personal touch. We arrived in the pleasant neighborhood by our gracious hosts, Ted and Joyce. The house is beautiful and well cared for...clean, clean, clean. After settling in, dinner recommendations were given. Good choice! The bed were exceptional. Breakfast filled you up enough to last all day. Joyce is a tremendous cook and her scones are to die for. She has so much energy and makes you feel at home with snacks of tea and cookies. Before we left to continue the drive, Ted put on his tour-guide hat and gave us a list of "must-sees". We tried to get as much in as we could. The Grateful B'nB will long be remembered as an excellent place to stay in Prince George.

• Liked — the hosts
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — be hungry for breakfast
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Grateful Bed B'n'B? Share your experiences!