“Dissapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
british columbia,canada
“Dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Keg was closed for a long time to do major renovations. We used to frequent here because of the food and atmosphere.We were anticipating our return to the newly renovated restaurant after the re-opening. We waited for a special occasion to go. We were greeted and escorted to our table. My first impression was not very good as everything seems to be closed in with floor to ceiling walls and small pods of four or six booths. They sat us at a table for two which are too small and the three bigger booths were empty. There is no where to put your coats,purses,bags etc. This was a Saturday evening and the place was virtually empty that we could see. We asked the waitress about this and she said that it was busy after opening but it has gotten slow. I see why. There is nothing to see or look at. Three pictures on the wall that were the same trees but different colors. Very boring. I preferred the old keg with an open concept and the historical pictures. I enjoy a good steak once in a while and don't mind paying $30.00 for it. The old Keg used to satisfy my craving with their large tender, juicy, Alberta prime New York. My steak was cooked correctly but it was anything but tender. Very chewy. I could not finish it as my jaws were sore. It came with my choice of side. I got french fries that tasted like the frozen ones from the super market. I did not eat the three little pieces of vegetable on my plate.
I think the person who designed this place should give a refund to the poor owner. I heard the reno was in the millions. What a shame. BORING and POOR STEAK. We will definitely not be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Prince George, Canada
“The Keg Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just started going to the Keg the last couple of months and it has been fabulous!! I have had great service every time, food on point and am so happy with the return of a great streak! YUMMY

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prince George
“New interior is beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant was closed for an extended period while being totally refurbished...the results are incredible. They kept the great food and great service they are known for and added such wonderful ambience. My husband and I have out of town guests coming and the first place we thought of to take them was The Keg.

Visited October 2012
BC
“not happy with the stake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love the atmosphere at the Keg but I was not happy with the stake or the service. The stake was way too much work to eat for the price I paid.

Visited August 2012
Prince George, Canada
“Nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the place I go with my wife when we want something special. The restaurant has recently be renovated, and it is very nice, with a more intimate feel.

The only thing I don't like is that they do not take reservations.

• Visited February 2013