“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crave Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Crave Restaurant & Lounge
2005 Highway 97 South | Treasure Cove Hotel, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Calgary, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The food was excellent and interesting, as usual, and the service was very good and friendly. I highly recommend the Crave for supper.

Visited June 2012

Victoria
“Overrated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This reataurant is great if you have lots of time and like cold food. We waited one hour to have our menu requests taken ( after getting the attention of our waitress). We arrived around 6:30 pm. Others in our party were fin ished eating when our orders were taken. The meal arived around 8:00 pm. The meat was warm but the potatoes and vegetables were cold. A very disappointing meal for an after grad party.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Prince George, Canada
“Mothers Day Dinner Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This has to be the worst dinner service experience we've had in decades.
I decided to take my wife out for dinner to the Crave. We had been there once before, and were less than impressed. At that time it took more than half an hour to get a glass of wine...the excuse... they had to wait for the wine glasses to go through the dish washer. that was at about 3:30 in the afternoon.
We thought that we would try it again.
We arrived at about 5:45 p.m. We had a long day since we too own a small resaurant and we had a lunch function for Mothers day. It was therefore appropriate to treal my wife to dinner.
The hostess was a little sultry and asked if we had reservations, which we did not have.
The place appeared empty but for 4 other tables. Two other parties followed us in.
The hostess seated us and about 10 minutes later the server brought 2 glasses of water and took our orders.
I ordered the Crave burger and Hot chicken wings to start and my wife the Chicken burger, and a glass of wine to start.
About 20 minutes later, a large glass about a quarter full of wine arrived. About 15 minutes after that, the server came back to refresh her memry of our orders. She had gotten the table numbers mixed up and did not submit our orders because she had not written them down. So there we sat with two glasses of water and a quarter of a glass of wine. A whole period of RBC Cup hockey went by after that when my hot wings finally arrived. I downed those rather quickly since they were served on a cold plate. We had been there about an hour and a half when the server came by and said that our meals would be another 10 minutes. In the meantime, the two parties seated after us received their meals. After another 15 minutes expired, I summoned the server and enquired about the unacceptable length of time it had taken so far. I asked how many cooks were in the kitchen, she said "two"
She apologized for the delay and said the manager had indicated that they would apply a 25% discount to the meal. I said that I was quite prepared to pay for what we ordered, but would like it in a timely manner.
It was another 15 minutes and I'm sure that I was looking very bored when the manager came out and explained that they were under staffed and asked me to see it from their point of view. Strike 2.
I was not interested in that train of thought. After all, it was Mothers Day, and restaurants shoul staff accordingly for those special occasions. We served 62 meals ealier in the day at our own restaurant and NOBODY had to wait longer than the time it took for them to dink their first cup of Tea or Coffee

Our meal arrived while the manager was addressing us. The beef was dry and chewy like compressed deli meat and the fries were luke warm on both our plates.
To be perfectly honest, both my wife and I had similar opinions of the food. You get a better burger when you order a Whopper with cheese and bacon at Burger King and a better Chicken Burger at McDonalds at a third of the price at Crave.
We received the bill promptly though.....with a 15% staff discount on the meal. Boy, did that add insult to injury!!!
BUT, I did say that I was quite prepared to pay for what we ordered
We left at 8:23 p.m. and vowed never to return to the Crave. This is the first time that I felt compelled to write a review this negative. I sure hope to never have such a lousy dinner experience again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

$30 beef medallions were just sad. Service was quite good.

Visited March 2012
WILLIAMS LAKE
“Located at the Treasure Cove Hotel & Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Good menu, nice decor, adult oriented but children are welcome. Interesting wine list with some BC gems listed.