“Over-promises, under-delivers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rockford Restaurant

Rockford Restaurant
2990 Recreation Place Drive | in Sandman Signature Hotel, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 197 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Prince George, Canada
“Over-promises, under-delivers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I went there on a Saturday night with friends, based on a recommendation from another friend. We were told it was "fine dining" so we were all dressed up for a night on the town, other patrons had on sweatpants and ball caps so it wasn't really the ambiance we were looking for. Music was blasting which made conversation difficult. Service was terrible. Normally I'd have a couple of cosmopolitans before dinner on a night like this, but the drinks were awful and the waitress never came back so I saved some money on beverages. I had the peppercorn steak, which I had ordered well-done but it was pink on the outside and bleeding rare on the inside. Again, the waitress never came back so I didn't have the opportunity to return it. My partner had the ribs, concensus at the table was that yes, they were supposed to be "asian fusion" but we still thought they just tasted weird. My friends were also unimpressed with their meals. The prices were at the fine dining level, but the service, food quality and ambiance were sub-par.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

BC
“Excellent food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

While staying at the Sandman Signature Hotel a friend and I had breakfast two mornings at the Rockford Restaurant. Excellent food, well presented at reasonable prices. Lots of choices for breakfast including a Tijuana Frittata for those of us who do not want the traditional breakfast. I suggest you try it.

• Visited July 2011