“beer in the fridge!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grama's Inn

Grama's Inn
You added Grama's Inn to your Saves list
Grama's Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   901 Central St, Prince George, British Columbia V2M 3C8, Canada   |
Ranked #15 of 21 Prince George B&B and Inns
Sooke, Canada
“beer in the fridge!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here one night in early July on the recommendation of a friend. There was an open beer in the fridge, very odd. Bedding was clean though, towels skimpy but seemed clean. The rooms were quite dark, which I'm thinking was probably just as well. The place wasn't horrifying, we just would make a different choice next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here in Feb 23rd/ 12 for one nite .
We checked one other place out before this one , they were the same price and they had new beds ! We'll stay there next time : )
It was cheaper to get a room with 2 beds instead of one Queen bed , Why I don't know ?
The place was really clean , hats off to the maids !
The pillows were lumpy . There was some kind of humming during the night ,
I couldn't figure where it was coming from but it kept me awake for quite a while .
.My main beef is with customer service ..
These People are NOT friendly
Where has that gone in an age where there is too much of everything else ?
Before we left home I had seen a coupon on their website for $10,00 off a room .
I forgot to print it off . They told me if I could find somewhere to get it printed off they'd honor it . Thank you very much .
When I called the front desk in the morn to see if we could get one more package of coffee I was told " one per stay is all that is allowed ! "
I had used up our first one when we checked in the day before .She said they do sell the packages for $ 2.50 but to get it from the restaurant as it was cheaper .
Well no it wasn't . I would of paid the 2.50 had I known ,
We were planning on having breakfast at the restaurant before we left but after this we just wanted to get out of there . This is the first time a hotel has ever refused me a pkg of coffee . It seems like such a small thing But really it isn't . We will NOT be going back .

Room Tip: If they were the only hotel in this area I would of had to put very good but they aren't !.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Prince Rupert, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We used Grama's for a meeting weekend in Prince George as it was close to our meeting place. Those who stayed like the location and found the rooms clean. However there were several complaints about the comfort of the beds. One suggested the mattresses needed to be replaced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I booked in here when weather disrupted our travel plans. We chose this hotel s it was one of the few in Prince George that had a vacancy at that time and because it claimed to have a three and a half star rating from Canada Select.
The carpets were dirty with stains that could have been easily removed by normal housekeeping. The hairdryer didn't work. We found in the morning that the refrigerator had been left switched off and, as a result, our foodstuffs were warm. The beds were worn out and sagged. If you slept near the edge, you rolled out of bed.

I would sleep in the car instead of staying here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I went up to Prince George BC to see a Concert and visit friends and family. I needed a motel/hotel that was affordable, Centrally Located, quiet, willing to cater to mutliple allergies, clean and had decent room amenities. The Grama's Inn was the perfect little Gem! The Room rate was prefect, the room was very clean, and had everything I needed. The staff met my allergy requirements, and were very pleasent and guest orinentated...It is literally Centerally located to all amenities, this coming from a guest who either walked or took a cab everywhere. Cab fares were great, why? Because this little Gem is so centerally located...Had a most wonderful experience there, next time I go back up to Prince George I will definately be staying at the Grama's Inn :)

Room Tip: This Motel is wonderful, only tip I can really offer is; there is no eleavator, so if your needs req...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
red deer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3night starting christmas eve. The building is older but well maintained. The front desk staff and housekeeping were very friendly. The rooms were very clean and decently funished. They explained to us there was no housekeeping on christmas day, which didnt bother us too much we werent going to be there most of the time anyway! ...after we came back from supper christmas eve we found a box of chocolates and a christmas card from the staff, that was very kind of them.
Overall a good stay, we will stay here again next time we are in prince george

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Wanted to get away from our own home in Prince George for one night. We went to Gramas to see about a room. But because we are from town we got declined.. Her reasoning was because some other people from town trashed a room, drugs, smoking and so on, who knows how long ago, there fore they DO NOT rent rooms to people from town. Ok, fine, but why group all of us into that one category? Not everyone is a drunken hick that's high on some drug or another..Why the discrimination? She had a very bad attitude to us and started laughing at me when I was trying to explain that just cause one person or group did that, does NOT mean that everyone and their dog are going to destroy the rooms. I think it was unprofessional and we won't be recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Grama's Inn? Share your experiences!