“Centrally located in Prince George” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Prince George

You added Travelodge Prince George to your Saves list
Travelodge Prince George
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1458 7th Ave, Prince George, British Columbia V2L 3P2, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prince George
Cochrane, Canada
“Centrally located in Prince George”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Request additional pillows from the front desk, and possibly another blanket, as the bedding is not the puffy, downy type that we're beginning to expect in most hotels. This hotel is right in the centre of downtown Prince George, within short walking distance of a few places to eat. If you have a big truck, parking is tight. The continental breakfast is minimalistic, but not unexpectedly so.

Room Tip: Street noise was a bit of an issue, so perhaps ask for a room away from the street. The view is not...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
GMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Prince George, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our property. We always try our best to insure Travelodge standard are maintain at our property. We are in the process of addressing our bedding and pillow replacement, we will be replacing windows in the spring to help reduce outside noise. I would welcome your feedback on items that you would like to see offered at our Complimentary Continental Breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

When I first arrived, the front desk clerk was extremely polite. She advised me where the mall was (wrong directions). When I went into the room #226 I immediately could smell a moldy odor. The lighting was horrible so I opened to curtains only to see the view the back alley. I then took a shower, when I returned to the bed area, there were what looked like "man" stains dripping down the window (fog on window made this quite visible, several pictures were taken). The carpet was badly stained, walls were slimy and dirty. I was shocked and called the front desk; I was advised there were no more rooms available and to call back in the morning. Absolutely disgusted, I called the travel agency who refunded my money. When I went to get into the room for my suitcase, the front desk clerk, who was not the original clerk said it was locked up because I took a shower, she said they could not rent it out again because it was dirty and that I had to pay for one night. I exclaimed it WAS dirty and should not have been rented out in the first place. The original clerk, who was the Manager, would not even look at me again; she actually ran to the back room, no apology...nada. I would recommend the Ramada, brand new rooms and AWESOME service; however I will never stay at any Travel Lodge again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
GMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Prince George, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. We are certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding, and miscommunication.

I understand that you had call the desk, and ask to move to another room, the desk clerk said that you would have to wait until the following morning. However when she told me, I decided to go clean a room on the third floor facing the parking lot for you to move to. Then you called the hotel back, and said you were go to move to a different hotel. You never let the clerk tell you that we were going to move you. But what I don't understand is why if you were so unhappy with your room you decide to stay in it for several hours have a shower and use the beds. I would think if you were that unhappy you would've come back down to the front desk and ask to be moved or at least tell someone about your concerns.

As for what was on the outside panel of your window, I would like to inform you that it was bird feces. There are alot of birds and unfortunately we can't control where and when they decide to relieve themselves. If you would've call the desk, we could've sent someone up right away to clean your window.

If you would like to discuss any other concerns please feel free to contact me info@travelodgeprincegeorge.com
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Beds were very comfy and there were tons of towels, but noise came through the walls from outside and down the corridor. Was initially told breakfast would be available until 11 but at 9:45 the kitchen was being cleaned and staff told me it closed at 9:30.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Prince George, responded to this review, November 23, 2011

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer a upgraded room on a different floor, or a different area of the hotel. We had two sports teams in the hotel the weeekend of your stay, and we do always try to allocate all our teams in one area of the hotel unfortunately when we have multiply teams in the hotel this can be challenging. The interaction with our staff members with regards to your comments about the noise is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise in dealing with teams.

As for the confusion about the hours of our complimentary continental breakfast, I have asked all service staff to write down the hours of the breakfast in the guest key folio to avoid any further confusion.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review, and I hope you will come and stay at the Travelodge again.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

The hotel is understated from the outside, but don't let the looks put you off. Staff are friendly, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. Didn't have time to try the breakfast so can't really comment on that aspect. Very good for a short stay in Prince George.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
GMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Prince George, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again. Maybe next time you will have time to try the Continental Breakfast.
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

The hotel was very nice and clean inside and out,the staff very friendly,the breakfast room was clean and cheerful,the rooms were clean and had a fridge and microwave in them. It was very quiet at night and had a 24 hour front desk.We did not go to the restaurant as we ran out of time but it looked very nice.The price we paid was reasonable. We would definitly stay here again when going to Prince George.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor are on the same floor as the breakfast room which is very nice in the mor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again.
Ramsgate, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed for one night while travelling through on the train. A friendly welcome, room fine, and we enjoyed the included breakfast, especially the coffee machine. Ten minutes walk from the station - or a short cab ride.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
The Staff and Management are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Travelodge in Prince George. We hope you enjoyed your trip on the Via as well.
Oliver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The folks at Travelodge provided us with excellent service, were friendly and very helpful. I would like to recognize several of their employees. The gal at the front desk (Brittany) is very customer focused. She is friendly, outgoing and very helpful. Two ladies from housekeeping went out of their way to assist us with getting a foamy for my grandson. They were Shirly and Martha. I share this information with Laurie, the manager of the motel. In addition, the rooms were very clean and the breakfast provided was great. We enjoyed our experience and recommend this motel. Thanks for all your help guys!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Prince George, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
I am really glad you enjoyed your stay at the Travelodge. The staff, and I are very focus on delivering the best customer service possible. We hope to see you again.

Been to Travelodge Prince George? Share your experiences!