“Excellent buffet...” 5 of 5 stars

Description: phone munber is 250 564-1153
Fort St. John, Canada
“Excellent buffet...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Can't speak for the A la carte, but the buffet was fabulous. I sampled most of the variety, but the butter chicken, naan, gulab jamon, and kheer stood out as exceptional.

Service was prompt, polite, and attentive (I hate having to wait for water when I'm feasting). Will most certainly be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The outside if this restaurant is very unassuming but do not be mislead. The food is wonderful some of the best I have ever tasted ( having travelled extensively) and having Anglo- Indian parents who cook fantastically. We ordered Prawn Masala , prawns big and juicy in such a delicious sauce, Chilli Chicken and Beef Korma all mouthwatering and very fresh, hot and beautifully presented.
Sadly I live in England , so I cannot go every week but if you are in the area do not miss a visit to this restaurant, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prince George, Canada
“Rude, rude, rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Don't get me wrong, first off I " loved" the food...no issue there. However, I drove all the way into town to pick up my food (15 minute drive) and there were several large bags of food ready to go. The man who took my order (pretty sure he's the owner) doesn't take your name or anything so all that was stapled on the order was a slip that had what was inside written in scribbled chicken scratch.
Well I read the first few items on the list which by coincidence were what I ordered but I didn't read all the way down. After all if it's not my order then don't let me leave with it. I told the owner my name but he doesn't seem to link names or phone numbers to orders.
So what ended up happening is I said "This looks to be mine" to which he just grabbed it and rang me up. He didn't double check or anything as it was up to me to figure out what was mine.

Now I understand I should have read the slip perhaps a little more thoroughly but instead I paid and I went the fifteen minute drive home. When I got home we pulled the food out and right away , opened the lids and we saw it was wrong. I replaced the lids and put it all back in the bag.
The phone rang right away and it was the owner telling me "You take the wrong order! You need to bring it back right away!" to which I replied politely "Yes, sorry, I just noticed that. I'll bring it back but I'll be about 15 minutes because I don't live in town" but barely got that sentence out as he was talking over me telling me to hurry.
I drove the food back and when I went in the restaurant there was a guy standing there waiting for his food that I'd taken (and now opened in my home) the owner then proceeded to embarrass me saying "you take the wrong order and this man has to wait!". Wow...I told the owner "well I told you I live 15 minutes away". The guy who was waiting was very nice about the whole ordeal but the owner was mad and I was embarrassed and peeved.
Food was swapped and being that he charged me for the more expensive order he 'very, very reluctantly' refunded my money.
Now I have worked in customer service for years and you do NOT blame the customer or embarrass them in front of others. I was super mad and refuse to go back or even eat there food if offered as he was so rude. Also the fact that I could have dipped my fingers in the food or let my dog lap up some sauce before returning it makes me a little queezy (no I didn't) knowing that once food leaves he's more then willing to pass it onto someone when it comes back. That's gross and not sanitary.
I now order from and receive excellent service from Spicy Greens. Much better food and service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Surprisingly Scrumptious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

You would not guess this plain looking little eating house would house such treasures. It is an attachment to an East Indian grocery store, yet was voted #1 East Indian Food in Prince George, BC. The buffet looked so tempting that we had to give it a try - so much to choose from. The Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken and Lamb Korma were exceptional. All the trimmings from Mango Chutney to Lime Pickles and assorted dips were available. I used the bountiful naan to clean my plate both times. The servers were helpful and prompt.
You shouldn't come fancy linen and silverware or a breath-taking view. Come when you are hungry for good honest food. I know I'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prince George, Canada
“Dana Mandi - Best Indian Restaurant in Prince George”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been a patron of Dana Mandi from the time I first discovered the store and when we were just ordering take-out from their store front.

The restaurant is an added treasure to Prince George. I like that the location is close to the downtown, yet far enough away from the non desirable traffic of the downtown.

The restaurant itself is small with charm of a family run business. Nothing fancy. But the food is why we are patrons. I have been a fan of Indian food for many years. Have had the pleasure of travelling to India and sampling the food there. One thing about Dana Mandi is the food is fresh, not greasy and very flavourful. To me, food should have flavour. The spicy heat is adjustable based on ones personal preferences.

If you want to get a taste of the cuisine and attend the July 1 celebration in Fort George Park; Dana Mandi has a booth there each year.

• Visited January 2014