“Didn't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Norton North Ranch Cottages

You added Norton North Ranch Cottages to your Saves list
Norton North Ranch Cottages
6505 Lower Mud River Rd. | Chilako, Prince George, British Columbia V2N 5C3, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prince George
Homestead, Florida
“Didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

When I found the North Norton Ranch on Trip Advisor I was sure this was the place for me. But when I went to Dagmar's website I knew it was. I emailed her right away and she wrote me back just as fast. We booked the Corral Cottage, we had Two adults, three kids, a dog & a cat. When we pulled into the Ranch Dagmar came out and make us feel so much at home, we even had fresh pie & german beer waiting for us. I can't tell you how much we appreciated her kindness, We had a very bad experience with a hotel in another town, so this was a breath of fresh air. The cottages were clean, quiet and comfortable. We only stayed on night and didn't want to leave, next time we come here we will be staying long ! Thanks Dagmar & North Norton Ranch!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

The week of May 2nd, I had occasion to work in Prince George. Because Norton Ranch is pet friendly, I was able to book one of their lovely cottages for myself and my dog Rosie. The amenities, privacy and beauty were all beyond expected. I was able to leave my dog at the ranch while I worked, as Dagmar included her in several walks a day with her own, Dagmar also cooked a delicious, multi-course meal for myself and guests at a very reasonable cost, which allowed me to socialize with ease. The week's experience at Norton Ranch made for my best visit to Prince George ever. Should I be required to return, I will unhesitatingly choose the Ranch.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hudson's Hope, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

A fantastic little gem. Peace and tranquility only 30 minutes from all the shopping and activity in Prince George. Dagmar's attention to detail is a rare find, from our name on the door to the doggie treats. The cottage was very elegant but cozy with all the amenities you could possibly require and more. I cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
firstclasscottages, Owner at Norton North Ranch Cottages, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
thank you soooo much ! fantastic photos. We love the Champagne glass on the fence post. It's proven again, we get rewarded with the nicest guests. Fritz misses Erica. Diego misses running with Isabelle. Hope to see you soon again, Warm Regards from the entire Norton Ranch lifestock :-)
Vancouver/UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

My father and I were only passing through and spent just one night. On our 2 week trip the accommodation, albeit unique and quirky, was by far the best and Dagmar went out of her way to look after us. We stayed in the more basic cowboy cabin and it was great, I can only imagine how fancy the Corral cottage is. A great find, especially if you like the wilderness, horses, great service and something a little different.

• Stayed May 2010
Pembroke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

we looked for a place for eight of us because of a hockey . I would along we the other 7 really recomend this place. It is so quiet the hospatality is great and they treated us like kings.They couldn't do enough for us. The rooms where very clean. The only thing that we regret is that is so far from where we live or we would be there every year just to visit as a group. We all said that it was very nice and everyone else that visit us from the team all wished they could of stayed there.Highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2007
Coquitlam, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

This was our second stay at the Norton North Ranch. The first time we stayed in the Little Muddy which, despite its rustic/cowboy exterior and setting, is quite modern inside with a fully fitted kitchen, internet, TV and wood burning airtight stove. This time we stayed in The Livery which lives up to its rustic exterior and settting. Although it has a kitchenette - no oven or dishwasher - and no TV, I think I liked it better. It is very cozy with its lovely big, antique table and comfy couch/bed in the living area. Also, as it sleeps as many as 7 people, I appreciated the fact that The Livery has two toilets, two sinks and one shower - and we were only three (me, my husband and a grown son). While both Dagmar and Bill are very welcoming, it is Dagmar's huge breakfasts that will linger in your memory - home made cinammon buns and bread, eggs, bacon, sausage ... enough for lunch too! As well as welcoming hosts, you are likely to be greeted by the Ranch's two little dogs, Diego and Junior. The horses, while friendly, are much shyer. I would definitely recommend the Ranch to anyone looking for a relaxing taste of BC's north country.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

Norton Ranch was a brilliant place to catch a little quiet with our 3 (large) dogs on our loop of Northern BC. It was clean, quiet, and very welcoming. We stayed in a very nice and rustic cabin with great views and plenty of room to spread out. The owners were very gracious and showed us their property, including a long walk to the creek. The dogs had a grand time chasing squirrels, laying in the sun and generally running around. We won't stay anywhere else in Prince George!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Norton North Ranch Cottages? Share your experiences!