“Second time at Salty's” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 160 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Wine Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Island flavours from around the world! Fun, energetic atmosphere in the heart of the summer action!
Penticton, Canada
“Second time at Salty's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went at six o'clock and as they have just been reopened for a week there was only one other table having supper.
Very quick service and one of us had the "Drunken Prawn" meal. It was excellent.
The halibut was fresh and cooked properly and the cod was a bit watery but not to bad.
Two of us had to send our fries back as they were soggy but they came back a second time crisp.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Golden, Canada
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Great fish and chips and awesome services by Megan. peanut butter pie is to die for. Side we're so good it could have just had that for the meal. Five star food for 4 star prices! Don't miss out

• Visited March 2014
Penticton
“Really nice dinner out :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a delicious dinner and drinks at Salty's tonight. We have been to Salty's quite a few times in the past and enjoyed it, but tonight was our first time upstairs. Loved the huge bar up there and the decor as well. We sat by the window and didn't feel a draft, which was nice. We shared the organic greens salad (really tasty), then I had a seafood dish and my husband had the fish and chips (halibut), which we have both had before and found it just excellent! Mine was a tad spicy for what I normally like, but the flavours in the dish were so good that I finished it up :) I had a couple of classic caesar's (drinks) and asked them to be easy on the spice which they were. Excellent - loved the olive and celery garnish - yum!! We then overstuffed by sharing the peanut butter pie and decaf coffee, which our server made fresh. All in all, a really nice dinner. We'll be back for sure :)

• Visited February 2014
Penticton
“Salty's Beach House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I know.....I have mentioned Salty's before BUT in my defense, I have never given my opinion in this way. Here I usually insert the link but they are shut down and you have to wait for their new site to appear.

After our hair appointments and casino stop we went for lunch at Salty's. Don had to confirm (for the last time) his evening with them with all his golf buddies next weekend.

I ordered my one and only super favourite Bahama Breeze Pizza.....you absolutely HAVE to order this one and a glass of wine. You have to read on about the wine.....

Don ordered, after a lengthy perusal of the menu, the Curry Coconut Mussels. He really questioned our server, Becca, about the coconut (he hates it) but fell in love with this dish when it was delivered.

We spoke with Daiya, the optimum Manager, who mentioned that in the last month since my birthday, she has hired 30 new front of house staff, giving her a staff of 60. This girl knows how to cover the floor with some of the best trained, beautiful young ladies and one gent around.

We talked to Daiya about our server, Becca, her knowledge of the menu, her demeanor, and...(back to the wine) I ordered a Pinot Grisio - no special winery mentioned and Becca chose the Hester Creek wine. AHA! We are from Oliver and I absolutely love their wine.

She came by always checking if the food was okay? did I require more wine?I then ordered a cup of coffee. This young lady came by with a cup on her tray and looked at me and then the coffee and said "this isn't as fresh as I would like, if you don't mind, I will bring you a fresh cup". Okay, Don and I are ready to adopt this young lady.

We again, "raved" to Daiya about Becca and she said, and I quote " this is her first shift and I knew if she passed your approval, she would be great".

Daiya, this young lady will be your "star" server. As usual, we will be back and have that pizza ready.

• Visited May 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“A great serendipitous lunch experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just happened to see this restaurant as we meandered down the lakeside drive. There was only one other couple in the restaurant. Our server, Ben, was very friendly; the meal was delivered quickly (but remember, no one else was there), and it was delicious. Ben offered that they had just reopened this week. They were closed for three months after a burst pipe happened. It was slow getting the news out that they were open again. We had the 'basic' fish and chips, shared. The meal came shared on two plates and it was really nicely presented. Not all restaurants like their patrons 'sharing' but as we felt the meal was a tad expensive for a lunch we asked to share. Ben asked them to serve it as two meals. The batter on the cod was made with their Lager and was cooked to perfection. The French fries were also to our taste. Also, lovely organic teas. We would go back. It also had a great view although in summer the patio probably fills up and would block the view.

• Visited February 2014