“Over Rated, ovelr priced.” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 141 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Wine Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view
Description: Island flavours from around the world! Fun, energetic atmosphere in the heart of the summer action!
Kelowna
“Over Rated, ovelr priced.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I grew up in penticton and this place has always had this uncanny reputation to outsiders. I moved to kelowna and people always mentioned saltys when I would mention I was from penticton. Personally the reputation feels undeserved. Well unless the reputation was that they have a great patio (I wont take that away from them). The food is mediocre and the prices are insane, there for I rated it terrible. I wish Pentictons primary food reputation came from Jeffers or Il Vechio.

TL;DR Mediocre food at that cost is unjust, nice patio sure, but not a great all around experience.

Moses Lake, Washington
“excellent wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This restaurant used to be much better a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, there was a change of hands (I think due to a death), and things kind of went a little bit downhill. I loved the whimsical theme and the "trip around the world" food was fantastic. It's very casual and gets busy on the weekend evenings. Worth checking out!

Visited January 2012
Chilliwack, Canada
“very average in every respect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

our financial advisor took us there, the service, food, and atmosphere all were very average, would not go there again by ourselves

Visited October 2011
Burnaby, Canada
“Restaurant was fine. I'm sure that it would be more enjoyable in the summer on the patio.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Service was good. Food was better than average but not exceptional.

Visited March 2012
Penticton, BC
“fun place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This has not been my first time at Salty's. I've been going there for years. It's right on the beach and has a nice exotic atmosphere. Salty's has been my husbands favorite restaurant for a while now, but I've never been quite as excited about it.
When we went there last weekend I started to fall in love with the place as well.
First of all they added a children's Menu. Thanks Collin!!!
I had the Caribbean Crapes for brunch and loved them. My husband had the Organic Green Salad and it was great.
I usually have the Wedge Salad and it if fantastic. If you don't mind a bit salty try the warm greek salad.
If you like a pizza with a twist try the Bahama Breeze Pizza as well as the Tandoory Chicken Pizza.
The Pad Thai is another great dish at Salty's. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2012