“Nothing too exciting, but a decent meal.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 158 restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Wine Bar, Oyster Bar
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Island flavours from around the world! Fun, energetic atmosphere in the heart of the summer action!
Leduc, Canada
“Nothing too exciting, but a decent meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

First off the quick and dirty. Decent food, solid service and an excellent location. (a bit pricey though for what you get)

Many reviews on trip advisor have listed this restaurant as being part of the 'Earls' chain of restaurants. I don't know if it is indeed owned by them, but the food/menu/atmosphere is very much on par with Earls. Well, maybe a bit of a 2nd tier Earls.

Salty's has seen better days. I don't mean anything terrible by that, just its obvious that it is a bit weathered. The pirate flag that is on a pole out front of the restaurant is shredded to the point that its just two strings in the air now and the mens bathroom has seen much better days. (sea foam green and pink? really?) Everything else was just fine. In fact I very much enjoyed sitting on the patio and looking out upon the Okanagan lake while I enjoyed by lunch.

Service for our meal was good, we were greeted quickly and offered drinks by our waitress upon getting settled at our table. She checked in on us regularly and had a nice personality.

The food was ok, I had the Spanish pizza (think chorizo sausage, grilled onions, artichokes) It had good flavor, lots of toppings and was the right size for a meal. My only issue (and i'm nitpicking now) was that there was a TON of artichokes on my pizza and in quite large pieces. But overall very good.

My fiancee had the Diavlo seafood pasta. Which she gives a 7/10 on her scale. Maybe a little oily and a little skimpy on the prawns. Lots of scallops though so over all pretty good.

I believe my pizza was $15 and the pasta was $18 so not a cheap meal. But a good choice if you need to fill up before hitting the beach again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Vancouver
“Still good food, but miss the old menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We go here a few times a year on our visits to Penticton. The menu has changed since the change of ownership and I was SO looking forward to their Ceasar salad. It was really good, homemade, and you got a really great flavour off the anchovies. I was told by the waitress that I was one of the only customers that liked it. Really? Maybe its just not "earl's" style. Anyhow at least my table mates enjoyed their old stand-bys, the pizza, burgers and the fish and chips. Burgers are homemade ground chuck so you can order medium rare. fish was great and can't complain about the pizza. I had the fish tacos without the peppers (or the salad) so tried the seafood soup instead. A little bit sweet with the finish of sherry, unique but nummy. And of course the key lime pie. Ummm, limey... We'll still be back, but seriously bring back the Ceasar salad! Help me out people.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Owned by earls... Enough said!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011 via mobile

Food is mediocre. The service, location and atmosphere are great. Earls bought the restaurant from the previous owner and the menu suffered. In previous years I would have highly recommended eating here, now I'm cautious!

Go for drinks and the atmosphere but eat somewhere else.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maple Ridge, Canada
“such potential”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

my daughter and i went to salty's when we were in penticton. i was starving and really looking forward to some homemade fish and chips. our server was delightful and our drinks and food came quickly. sadly i was disappointed by my meal. at $17.50 i at least expected some fresh cut fries, not so. the tartar sauce had pepper in it, the fries had pepper on them and the fish batter had pepper in it. someone likes pepper, i do too but come on. the coleslaw wasn't seasoned and was warm. as a chef i'm very adamant that hot food should be hot and cold food should be cold! period! a little sea salt, a touch of honey and a cold fridge and that coleslaw would be awesome. and last but not least i hate kitchen staff who are too lazy or cheap to change the frying oil until it's disgustingly dark. sadly i wouldn't recommend salty's or eat there again, although the drinks and service were good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC CANADA
“Great dinner / fun atmosphere / popular place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Ended up here on a rainy summer night when there is not much else going on in this place! Great menu & good service. Seemed to be popular with locals and tourists, and there was not an empty table. Casual environment, and kids friendly! Would go back for sure.

• Visited July 2011