“Love it, Love it, love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Chandler, Arizona
“Love it, Love it, love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We 'discovered' the Dream Cafe many years ago because we were following Michael Kaeshammer's career. We'd seen him perform with Harry Manx in Red Deer and were dazzled by his talent. Then I read that he was performing at a place called the Dream Cafe in Penticton, I couldn't place it even though we had been to Penticton before. Then I "Googled" it. It just seemed like too small a venue for that kind of a performer; Michael is a popular musician who draws a big audience and this place just seemed too small.
Was I wrong!! I phoned for a reservation and Pierre himself answered the phone, said he'd hold seats for us & didn't even want my credit card info. That never happens & I was actually a little uneasy - wondering if we really did have seats.

Well, what an amazing experience it was! The Dream Cafe is such an intimate setting and just the perfect way to enjoy a musical performance. Every table is close to the performer; you really get to enjoy the music. Because of Pierre's relationship with the performers and the small venue, it just seems perfect - almost like having the artist drop by your own home and spending the evening with you and your friends. You can tell that the musicians are having a good time too.
We have only been here for a meal when there is live music; we drive from Central Alberta specifically for those evenings. We have seen Michael Kaeshammer many times, but also other artists. Without a doubt, the Dream Cafe is the BEST place I've ever been to enjoy live music. The place was packed and yet the staff served dinner in a timely fashion. The menu choices were good and the food was delicious. We always enjoy a good BC wine with our meal too. My suggestion is to order one of the decadent desserts & coffee to be served at intermission.

We have been back many times to the Dream Cafe and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves each time. Check out their website; you won't believe the calibre of talent performing there! We spend the winter in Arizona & it just kills us to see who we are missing. If I lived in Penticton; I would be a regular at the Dream Cafe every week.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Penticton, Canada
“Fun and Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had one fabulous meal there, but the next time it was not that great--because of the hockey game, place was empty and they don't usually get guests then. We also went for entertainment only and enjoyed the music. So, timing here is everything!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penticton, Canada
“Best Live Venue in Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Thank You Pierre and Family for all the years of Good Food and Good Entertainment. This is by far the best live music venue in the Okanagan, I have travelled to many parts of the world to see live music... If you are ever in Penticton be sure to check out this location. Matt Anderson show have been the best.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandgate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our friend was gigging here so our group were booked in for dinner and the show. What a great place! Staff were lovely, even though it was packed to the rafters they were efficient and friendly. Food was good and plentiful. Great ambiance (reminds me of Penticton in the 70s) and a fantastic place for live music. Everyone there seemed to be having a wonderful time (including us)!

Visited August 2013
Summerland, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was somewhat disappointed by this place as I had heard great things about it. My meal was average at best, and for the price not great value. The atmosphere is nice and this would be a great place for a staff function or something, but I wouldn't return here on my own accord.

• Visited June 2013