“Relaxing and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“Relaxing and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this charming, motel during the march break. We enjoyed our stay immensely. The motel room was clean, recently updated and was located close to all the amenities we needed. The rates where very reasonable and the staff where very friendly. I will definitely be re booking for the summer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My spouse and I have no complaints. We spent almost a month there while our home was being renovated - and we are very happy with the motel.
We stayed a few nights at some other motels and felt this was the best choice. Reasonable rates. Quiet. Clean. And very nice staff.

We'd stay here again if ever passing thru.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my husband visited Penticton in the end of September to visit family and decided on the crown resort motel, it was close to my family's house and across from the beach which was nice. We shopped around for a while but this was the best deal and the staff were so friendly, we stayed in 212 which was 2x queen bed with flat screen tv and a small fridge for 79.00 and they allowed pets! Which was fantastic and hard to find. The room was quiet, warm and we had our own outdoor sitting area. Nothing else to say but thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my 6th visit to Penticton over the past 18 months and I have stayed at a few different places of varying budgets and the Crown Resort is great value for money and is in a great location. The room was very clean and roomy and the staff were extremely personable and helpful :) If your looking to stay at a reasonably priced and friendly hotel in Penticton then the Crown Resort is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gillette, Wyoming, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a typical old beach motel, nothing fancy, but what you are paying for is the location. It is directly across from the beach which was very convenient as you could walk across whenever you wanted instead of loading up the car, finding a parking space, and spending the day. We could take a break and go back to the motel to use the bathroom, get a snack, etc. The pool was great, too, as we could go for a dip and then relax on our small porch. Those were the only good things about staying here. The beds are hard and the rooms are very cramped (we stayed in a double with 2 adults, 2 kids) plus the cleanliness was HORRIBLE. The rubber bathmat was rolled up in the tub with a layer of mildew on it, there were cobwebs everywhere, and when I walked across the wooden floor bare footed, the bottoms of my feet turned black from dirt. Also, our toilet (Room 214) did not work properly. It kept running, leaked water, and flooded the bathroom. My husband figured out a way to keep the tank lid off and wiggle something to get it to shut off...a hassle every time you used the toilet as it took several minutes of standing there. When we mentioned it to management, she said she knew what the problem was (which means it's happened before) and she'd send a worker next morning to fix it and never did. There were also 2x4's sticking out from under the bed as support that we banged our legs on numerous times. Four people were staying there and we paid an extra $10 per night for my teen and yet they only gave us 3 towels or they would throw out the bar of soap, but not replace it. We travel "green" so we don't change sheets or towels everyday. However, when I wanted new sheets, I stripped the bed to let the maid know and I think she just put the same sheets back on because they were all wrinkled and lacked that crisp sheet feel. I am okay with old motels as long as they are clean, but this place is not so. We loved the area and plan to return next year, but after taxes, at over $200US per night, we will look for a different motel or a house to rent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
daniokanagan, Owner at Crown Resort Motel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and location as well as the veranda. We have many returning guests who request the rooms with the porches each year, they tell us they make quite a difference to their experience.

I am sorry to hear the cleanliness and maintenance of the room was a disappointment and unsatisfactory. This is unacceptable and does not reflect our standards. For the past two years we have initiated a policy that all rooms are checked by a manager prior to our guests arrival, specifically to catch any cobwebs or anything that may have been missed by the housekeeping staff as cleanliness is very important to us. I am sorry that we failed in your case.

We have been very busy over the winter months finishing off the annual re- furbishing of our rooms. They are looking great.

I hope you will give us another chance.
Grande Prairie, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a suite with a back bedroom (1 x queen, and 1 x twin), the front room had a hide-a-bed. We stayed for 5 days and it was heaven. The location is great, across from the beach; the pool is easy to see from every room. It was close to Loco Landing, and every night we walked to get ice cream two doors down. The resturaunt was great for lunch with the kids too. We would definately stay there again. Loved the full kitchen and use of the BBQ's. Paid $200/night.
But if you bring expensive bikes, take them into your room at night. My husbands bike got pilferred as it was locked up on the side on the building. We recommended to them to have a central bike rack next to the pool.

Room Tip: Get rooms at the back of the complex so you don't hear the bar on the main street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? To start of my peachfest experience I got " short listed" from the ramada .. I made this reservation 3 months ago.. And as working in this I dusty they clearly over booked and when I arrive from Calgary there was NO rooms available! Already horrified as me and my fiancé would have to sleep in our car because EVERY hotel was full. I finally dialed crown resort and a wonderfully please any girl said she would do everything she could to try to get us a room! And calling us back SHE did! We went for dinner at Saltys and by the way when you come to penticton you must eat here YUM! And were greeted by that same cheery LIFESAVING voice .. Kelsey checked us in personally showed us to our room which was beautifully done .. And offered us to take a well relieved swim in the salt water pool. The entire experience here was incredible and would and will recommend this place to anyone. The staff is absolutely fantastic and it's across from the beach!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Crown Resort Motel? Share your experiences!