“JUST LIKE HOME” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Penticton
Edgewater Motel
You added Edgewater Motel to your Saves list
3833 Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 6G8, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“JUST LIKE HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My friends, family and I have stayed here 3 years in a row, and will continue. Our most recent stay was Aug 19-24, and it gets better and better every year. The Hosts, Dave and Della, are wonderful, very welcoming and very accomodating. They really go the extra mile to make you feel at home. The units are clean, tidy. (units come with one bedrom + kitchen + sofa bed - they have one 2 bedroom unit) Joint facilites with the campground next/behind them include laundry, store, air compressor for floaties, camp store, mini golf and other activities.The best part about this location is that its right across Skaha lake and at the end of the channel, so once you are done floating, you just walk back to your unit to dry off and have a snack. I left behind a couple of items (muddler for mojitos) and when i called 6 hours after we checked out, Dave said he had already seen it and put it aside for me! Can't ask for better service than that. We had tried camp sites and other hotels up by Okanagan Lake before but Edgewater is much better and very affordable!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kelowna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

very cute motel/cabins with kitchen across from skaha lake! the managers are very awesome people and treat you like family. will be going back next summer! they couldn<t do more for you and a nice picnic area and barbeques

Room Tip: around unit 10 or 11 area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
zanzibar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

As a hotelier my self ,originally from Penticton , but hotelier in Zanzibar Tanzania..I was very particular in my search for the perfect, safe , well situated( need beach ) for my daughter son in law and my young Grandchildren.

Allow me to say..Della and Dave the Motels G.M. are so personable, willing to assist in anyway that they can.

We have a large family here and had BBQs every night we were there! By the way the BBQs are supplied for guests to use on site.

The site is spotless as are the rooms. We were very thankful for the full size fridge, stove , microwave, coffee machine...and laundry service if needed.

Beautiful green space so kiddies and adults can chill and enjoy the shade , swings for the little ones..and best part...cross the road to beautiful Skaha lake!!!

The price is so fair and we feel like we made new friends and will be back....we just hope Dave and Della are still the G.M.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Blind Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The last review does not reflect the owners during our visit. They were most helpful and polite. Rooms were spotlessly clean and the position on the lake ideal. Our Dragon Boat team use this Motel every year and I have no record of problems. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 to 5 seem to be best as others 'overlook' main road. Could be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The woman who runs this place is a raging psychotic, who needs to be locked up. My family and I have stayed here for the last three years, and have rented at least three to four rooms at a time. Last year was the most eventful for us, the woman came over at 9 o'clock when we were having dinner in the communal BBQ area and started reaming us out for being too loud, she kept going off about how we were talking and making too much noise at 9 pm. And this was after we had spoken with her husband who said dont worry you guys are good until 11 pm with the noise. Then upon check out she claimed that my sister and her husband didnt wash their dishes properly and that she was going to charge them, I offered to go in to their suite and re-wash them and she wouldn't let me. Finally, my sister left my nephews blankie up there and called to check and make sure it was there, and arrange a way to get it back and the lady on the phone said "I don't have time for this," then she hung up the phone. If you want to be treated disrespectfully and get yelled at then stay here, by all means its a great location and decent rooms but expect the devil to be knocking on your door

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Edgewater Motel? Share your experiences!