“Tasty and Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bufflehead Pasta & Tapas Room

Bufflehead Pasta & Tapas Room
Lakeside Casino and Resort | 21 Lakeshore Dr West, Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
250-493-9768
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bufflehead Pasta & Tapas Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 162 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Tapas, Pasta
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Vancouver, Canada
“Tasty and Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This restaurant impressed us so much on Saturday night that we returned on Sunday night. We were surprised by the reasonable prices on the menu so our expectations were not high, but we were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was lovely and romantic with many types of tables and seating to choose from after 7pm. The music was mellow and perfect for a romantic meal. The only suggestion would be to turn the restaurant music off when the live band plays outside so there aren't two conflicting tunes for the inside tables by the patio. The meals were perfectly spiced- not too much salt, had a variety of accompanying veggies, and the staff were friendly and eager to please. The special halibut tarragon pasta was creamy and delicious with firm morsels of halibut, the veal dish had a delicious white wine sauce, and the fettucine with chicken and mushrooms and the eggplant parm were an excellent value and definitely exceeded our expectations for a hotel restaurant. The wines recommended both nights were delicious but not inexpensive ($40.00 bottle). If the quality of food and service on the weekend of September 14th is indicative of the quality throughout the year, you will not be disappointed. We will definitely come back on our next trip to the Okanagan.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Don't order the Mac & Cheese!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our second time trying out the place because the location is perfect but the food & the service, not so much. We were in a group of 10 and most people ordered the Mac & Cheese and let me tell you.... It was.... The.... Worst.... Thing I've EVER tasted!!! Bland, cold, tasted like FLOUR!!! My low fat home made recipe was a million times better!!! And fat free!!! I was looking for a fatty yummy home made one and it was distrusting!!!! Took forever to show up, then it was cold and gross they did reimburse us tho. When we told the girl how horrible is it she says "yea I know I never tell people to order it". Like.... !!!!!!! What the heck!!!!!! Don't leave it on the menu then lol

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Food, Great Price and an Amazing View..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Usually, eating within a hotel is not something we do often, but what a great surprise. Bufflehead is located inside the Lakeshore Resort in Penticton. They have a wonderful inside restaurant with floor to ceiling doors/windows that open up to a perfect patio deck over looking Okananagon Lake.
The food was upscale with modest pricing. For appy's we had the oysters in the half shell with an amazing sauce, Escargot...the ceasar sald totally authentic. Main courses included, Macaroni cheese ..soo creamy and smooth, Veal in a white wine mushroom sauce, lobster and prawn pasta in alfredo sauce, gnocci in brown butter, to die for...and the portions were huge...took two take out containers home. Well worth the visit....We will definetly go back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Britsh Columbia
“" Great food - great atmosphere"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were there with a group of 12 and it was fantastic! We sat inside as it was a little too windy on the outside patio --it was still a gorgeous view and beautiful atmosphere. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. We started with some tapas that we shared as a group ( small pizzas , and chicken wings ) very yummy. For the main course, I had Curried chicken linguine and my husband had the steak and prawns -- both excellent! will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penticton, Canada
“great atmosphere but service quite slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Out for a couple of appies. The food quality was average but what capped off the night was waiting for a beer for ten minutes we finished all our meals and we could have left then but the beer came. So I drank that sharing it with my wife. I asked for the bill at the time of receiving the beer. I still had to wait another 10 minutes. Not that I was in a rush but as a former server I do have high expectations. I did fill out the comment card and put down my email we will see if they respond. There is other option close by to choose. I hope their servers are more attentive. Ps the restaurant was less than half full.

• Visited June 2013