“Crepes Worth Waiting For!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 161 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, Café, Creperie
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Description: The award-winning Cupcake Lady Cafe is officially for sale! If you have the passion and creativity to take this business to the next level that it is sooo ready for, call me!!! Ask for the Cup Cake Lady. At the Cupcake Lady Cafe 'We're not just Sweet!". We have gourmet cupcakes, cakes, crepes, waffles, panini's, smoothies, organic coffee and tea, desserts, ice cream and now serving wine and spirits. We offer a special Champagne brunch and all day breakfast. With a French Parisian atmosphere in both our indoor and outdoor cafe, we ask you to join us for wine pairings, crepe and waffle creations and desserts.Come treat yourself and friend to a decadent invasion of your senses. All foodies, wine snobs and coffee connoisseurs welcome!
Vancouver, Canada
“Crepes Worth Waiting For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Today we used our expired Groupon (still worth the purchased value) and WOW! We ordered the Mediterranean and Chicken Margarita crepes, with large lattes. The crepes are freshly made while you watch and all fresh ingredients. They were absolutely the best tasting bites. The crepes are 14-16 inches and filled with a generous amount of assorted toppings. A full meal!
Be patient as it is a labour of love process building each crepe order, nothing is pre-made and reheated!
Order the large coffee drink and watch the process! The Mediterranean crepe is something I will crave again and again!

The cupcakes looked scrumptious, but no room for dessert ..... that will have to be another visit.

• Visited February 2014

“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've picked up a cupcake here twice recently and once earlier in the year and they are ok but that's all. The pastry is ordinary in texture and flavor and the icing is a little on the oily side, each time they left a slippery aftertaste and feel on my palate. There was not much of a cupcake selection to choose from either and I had to wait for service each time while the the more important crepe customers won out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gigi H, Owner at Cupcake Lady Cafe, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We are a small Boutique Cupcake & Crepe Café with a big heart! We are passionate about all of the food that comes out of our kitchen. 99.999% of our customers are so happy to have been here. But there are always a few that are unhappy and no matter what you do you simply cannot please them. Big Franchises are pushing out the little guy and we all need to support each other rather than trying to tear others down. I take issue with this review because I know that our cupcakes are anything but ordinary and basic. They are baked fresh daily with the finest local ingredients. The icing is an Italian Buttercream. A real treat for these parts...Very rich and delicious! The Giant stores use shortening, preservatives, lots of sugar and have a long shelf life. I suggest you come early or call to request a favorite flavor. Because, if you come at the end of the day there isn't going to be much of a selection as they have all sold out by then! If you come on a Saturday there will be line ups and you will have to wait your turn to be served. We only have 14 seats for God's sake! Be grateful for what Penticton has to offer rather than be a complainer.
Penticton, Canada
“Absolutely the best breakfast in the South Okanagan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was taken for brinch by a friend this morning and she insisted I had to try the Cupcake Lady. We ordered: (me) bacon benny crepe (her) spanakopitta crepe and a cappuccino each.

The young lady who took our order was overwhelmingly polite. The owner was the chef (I believe). Our food was done in munites and what arrived was two plates of beautiful perfection. I actually wish I'd thought to take a photo.

The benny crepe was folded into a triangular shape, a perfect medium poached egg and crumbled, crisp salty sweet bacon, craftily zigzagged with HANDMADE hollandaise sauce. I really ahd never considered a benny on a crepe before but it was absolutely delightful.

My friend's spanakopitta crepe was presented beautifully, stuffed full of spinach, tomato and peppers. it was topped off with a dilly tzatziki sauce and a small dollop of hot sauce. The bite she shared with me was absolutely spectacular.

The cappuccino were perfect, the coffee not to bitter and layered and presented in beautiful clear mugs.

The sservice was friendly and lovey - we ended up buying a some cupcakes on the way out to give to my kids.

In short, I would abcolutely rcommend this place to anyone for a lovely casual and kind of upscale breakfast or brunch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Penticton, Canada
“for the sweet side and the savory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had an amazing lunch. Until recently I had only enjoyed the cupcakes and ruffle cakes. I tried the bacon and egger benny crepe and it was to die for. So delicious. They have a great selection of crepes and waffles. Everything sounds and looks divine. I could spend all day in this café. Such great service. Everyone including the customers are so nice and upbeat. My visit was an enjoyable one and I will continue to go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Penticton, Canada
“Lack of selection and in need of an attitude change”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A cupcake cafe sounds divine but selection more often than not is vanilla with chocolate, plain vanilla, chocolate with vanilla or plain chocolate. On the odd occasion that fun flavours are offered they are in fact delicious, but for those basics I can make them at home for far cheaper. And sadly the owner is more often rude to many of the customers and I've even heard her bad-mouth them to other customers - not good business practice, especially in a small town. Has she not ever heard of the expression "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gigi H, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake Lady Cafe, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
The Cupcake Lady Cafe strives to give it's customers the best customer service possible. Along with making all of the food from scratch and with love, we love our customers. We think we have the happiest most courteous customers in town. With a large local following we try to make every visit the best experience ever. Mouthwatering Crepes and Waffles, along with yummy cupcakes and treats give each customer a chance to enjoy something they like. We hope that you come to our cafe again and have a wonderful experience.