“Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Summerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Went for a quick lunch on the 22nd. All the smorg items were fresh and a great variety to choose from. Everything we tried was excellent. I would definately reccomend this place and will definately be going back.

“Crap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I've eaten crapy Chinese food this place in my bottom 3. We were worried reading there boast of being voted the best well if this true then this place suffers. Avoid....

Keremeos, Canada
“Much better than before”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had not eaten there since last fall, because the food seemed to be getting nastier the last few times. We just broke down and decided to try it again, and were pleasantly surprised at the changes to the dishes. Almost everything, including the deserts seemed to look and taste better than under previous management. In fact, when we first saw the buffet, we commented,"it looks way better, I wonder if they changed owners? They at least changed the cook" All the items with meat now actually have lean meat, not just deep fried gristle and fat. There is more selection as well, at least at lunch(we have not tried their dinner menu yet) and they have added some Dim Sum items. The restaurant did seem cleaner as well, as another reviewer had mentioned, even though they did not do a renovation. Looks like my Chinese buffet restraint days are over.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penticton
“We should have known”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We were in a panic for a quick meal after our son's hockey practice. We did not get in until a bit after 7, and the place was almost empty. Most of the food was dried out. Sauces all had skins... I could not find enough I was willing to eat. I had one plate, my wife stuck to salads... At $16 per adult it was dollar for dollar the absolute worst meal I've ever had. We won't ever go back at that time (if ever). Two hot and ready pizzas next time from little Caesars is cheaper an one adult's buffet - and it will be edible.

Visited December 2013
Penticton, Canada
“New Management, Much Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Since the new management and cook in 2013, the food is much tastier than before. The rice is actually fried, meat and vegetables are fresh and abundant, and dishes are clearly prepared with care. The Kung-Po chicken, for example, is super tasty.
Also, the place is cleaner than before and the staff much friendlier.

• Visited October 2013