“Poor beds” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel Penticton

Super 8 Motel Penticton
You added Super 8 Motel Penticton to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Penticton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1706 Main Street, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 5, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Penticton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canmore, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I spent 4 nights after finding a great rate for this property. My stay didn't get off to a great start when after booking a room with two queens I was put into one with one queen bed. After going back to the front desk they told me that's what I booked, checked their computer and again repeated that's what it says and then told me they could move me at the same rate (like they were doing something special for me) and asked if I had an email showing what I booked, which I did. I had prior to arriving lost my wallet during my travels and called them when I was about 4 hours away to let them know and see what we could do, bit of an odd conversation having the agent at the desk ask me how far it was to go back home and how I'd be sad if she said she couldn't check me in. End of the day, it was a prepaid reservation so all they needed was my physical credit card or a deposit (both of which are tricky when you don't have your wallet) fortunately they checked me in and I had a friend handle the deposit until my spare credit card arrived via purolator which didn't happen until I checked out anyways, again they were friendly to a point. I was also asked when I had a friend visit if she could put down a credit card and the front desk agent assumed she had spent the night which she didn't. I understand their need for a credit card as I sit on the board for a full service resort but that's slightly presumptuous. The front desk agent was friendly enough, but I wouldn't say providing a fantastic guest experience. The room itself was nothing special but about what I expected. The bathroom shower took about 10 minutes to warm up and the bathroom was quite tiny with the sink in the main living space of the room. The sink itself must have had a slight clog because it took a long time to drain as well. The rooms are showing some age for sure and could probably stand for some updating. The staff were helpful and I have no issues with the job they did. The pool could use a good cleaning, there was a lot of black dirt floating around and it made me question taking my kids into it which is disappointing to have to worry about something like that. The continental breakfast definitely doesn't compare to some of the other properties I've stayed at in Penticton and elsewhere but if you want some yogurt, toast or fruit it does the job. Overall it was quiet, friendly staff and I feel like the low rate was reflective of what I should have expected. I will most likely stay elsewhere next time but if you want a no frills place to stay this will do the job.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cranbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had an 8 day stay in Penticton Super 8 while our son was in ICU. The Super 8 staff were exceptionally kind and thoughtful, arranging a compassionate rate for our stay, and made a difficult time much easier. Lizz in particular was a gem........just that bit of sunshine we needed. Thank you to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8lisa, Front Desk at Super 8 Motel Penticton, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you ever so much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to be your home away from home during such a stressful time. We are glad that we were of any assistance. We hope we will see you back again, under better times for the whole family.
Lizz
Front Desk

Been to Super 8 Motel Penticton? Share your experiences!